𝟏𝟎

𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍

Step by step the three girls walked through the woods. Besides the faint snapping of twigs and calming songs of birds soaring above them, it was silent. Rays of sunlight pierced through the gaps between the leaves, as the cold chill of the autumn air sent shivers down their spines. "Allison. When you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia snapped, traipsing behind the brunette whilst holding onto to Aurelia's hand for balance.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something. Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

"Did he?" Lydia asked furrowing her eyebrows as Lia just frowned. All she could think about was why Allison would even consider it, this was her friend's ex-boyfriend — why would she even think about saying yes?

"Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." Allison smiled, looking back at the strawberry blonde. Lydia swallowed thickly, before looking to Aurelia, who shook her head.

"Sure. As long as it's just friends."

"Really, Lyds? It's just— this is Jackson." Allison gave her a sceptical look, before smirking to herself. "I don't think it would be a good idea, Alli."

"Well, yeah, I mean— It's not like I would take him to the coach's office during Lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything." Allison deadpanned, Lydia gasped. Looking at Lia in shock, as she hadn't even mentioned it.

"How do you know about that?" Aurelia spoke lowly, looking at the back of the girls head.

"I saw you two."

"Right— so you would have also seen me push him back and slap him." The Argent dropped her head, Allison went to speak again but Aurelia cut her off. "The only reason he even was able to kiss me, for just a second, was because I was in shock. When I realised what he had done, I stopped it. He was, and is, heartbroken, Allison. His emotions were all over the place, he would have probably kissed Lydia is she was in there. He apologised and we are sorted." Lydia looked taken aback but understood what Aurelia was saying. "So please, do not try and compare you going to the dance with Jackson to that." The hunter's daughter didn't have any words, so she turned around and carried on walking. Stopping in a clearing, she placed down her bag and readied her bow.

"What does that do?" Lydia asked curiously.

"We're about to find out," Allison smirked, drawing back the bow and releasing the arrow. Twirling through the air, a burst of light emitted from the arrowhead as it hit the trunk of the tree, making Aurelia cover her eyes and crouch to the ground in pain. "Lia? Are you okay?" She asked, both girls crouching down to her and pulling her hands away from her eyes.

"What the hell was that? It was like my whole sight disappeared." Aurelia groaned, blinking her eyes rapidly to help regain her sight as she could only partly see, once it came back fully she looked over to the tree where the arrow was stuck. "Jesus! How did that not blind you?"

"I don't know," Allison answered truthfully, as she stared down at the girl. Confusion filled the girls head as she wondered as to why it affected Lia but not herself or Lydia.

Skidding into the kitchen, Stiles yanked open the refrigerator door as Aurelia hopped onto the counter. Throwing a can of coke to the girl, he walked in front of her and knocked them together in a cheers motion. Averting his eyes from Lia's cheerful face, he looked into the dining room where his father was sat. Noah was very stressed with everything, ranging from the murders to Derek who they just couldn't seem to catch. "Whatcha doing?" He asked, moving to the doorway.