𝟏𝟏

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊

Rushing across the room, Scott searched for the phone he had lost. After the car crash that Aurelia and Stiles had caused to protect Melissa, Peter told Scott about Derek's plans to kill Jackson. After getting into a physical fight with the Hale, Derek saved Scott and Jackson by walking into gunfire from the group of hunters who had found them. Needing to use his phone to in some way contact Derek, he skidded around his chaotic room and tossed over his furniture in attempts to find the darn thing before they left for school. "It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles asked, sitting backwards on Scott's rotatable chair whilst Lia laid on his very comfortable bed staring at the ceiling.

"I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott grunted, laying on the floor to get a better view of the underneath of his bed. "And before you say he's dead, Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha — they're not gonna kill him." He responded climbing to his feet to continue searching.

"All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter — problem solved." Stiles shrugged, and although Aurelia didn't like the idea of forgetting about Derek to save themselves — she had to admit, it did sound like their only plan that was guaranteed to work.

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first or just— just help me!" Scott complained, dropping his arms to his side as his eyes flitted between his best friends.

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting." Aurelia reminded, sitting up and fixing her hair, pulling out some of the baby hairs that were begging to be let loose from her french braid.

"You remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behaviour here?" Stiles finished, gesturing to the girl on the bed. Who snorted before lifting herself up and moving around the room. Scott continued to argue about saving Derek, whilst Lia laughed to herself questioning how she ended up pulled into this insane life. Only catching the end of the conversation as Stiles sighed and rested his head on his arms. "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?"

In the hallway at school, the trio stood together talking. "So, you're telling me that Coach has banned you from going to the dance tonight?" Aurelia gawked, her mouth dropping open in surprise as she stared at him dumbfounded as he shyly nodded his head. "How in God's name, have you managed that?" Scott explained that it was all to do with his grades, and it was a punishment of sorts. And judging by the look on his face both Stiles and Lia knew exactly what he was going to do. "But you're still going to go, aren't you?" The boy nodded sheepishly, making the blonde best friend drop her head back onto the wall and chuckle. Scott smiled at Lia's reaction before freezing. His werewolf senses perked up as he began to hear a conversation between Jackson and his ex-girlfriend in amongst the hallway full of people. So he not-so-stealthily peaked his head around the corner to watch — the two best friends following suit.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll still be there." Stiles reminded sympathetically, glancing down at Aurelia who smiled.

"I'm still going." Scott shrugged, looking around for someone he could go with — anybody but Aurelia — as he was hoping that Stiles would ask her. That's if he plucked up the courage.

"Is this such a good idea? Do you even have a date?" Stiles asked his eyes swiftly flicking to Lia who picked at her nails, unease flooding her body at the idea of him getting caught.