Chapter 20: Dafiltae's Plan

"How dare Ancief betray me! After everything that I've done, he dares to take the phoenix for himself. He will pay for this."

The shadow moved around then engulfed Dafiltae causing his eyes to turn pitch black.

"This way I will be able to find his cloaked place. He may have hidden his place from me as a spirit, but he cannot hide it from me once I possess a warlock."

Dafiltae's body shook violently and his arms held his head as his face contorted and the shadow was kicked out of his body.

"But how is this possible!" the dark god shouted angrily from the arch he returned to. He commanded Dafiltae's body with the words,

"Whatever is hidden let it be shown."

As he said this Dafiltae's body floated a few inches from the ground and a sigil appeared at his forehead and glowed. The sigil revoked possessions by spirits.

"I'm sorry Master but I made it so nothing could possess me. I already know where Ancief's hideout is and I decided to let the phoenix's friends infiltrate it first. They can kill Ancief and then we will take the phoenix."

"No, I will deal with Ancief but yes let's work with your plan and let the friends rescue her."

**************

Jacques blinked his eyes open as he awoke from his brief coma. He tried to make sense of where he was then he remembered what had happened and the fact that he had found Alice, but the priest was too powerful for him. He heard arguing outside his door and he got up from the bed to see what was going on outside his door. He opened the door to see Isabel standing in front of Jason with her fingers laced in his hair and kissing him to silence him.

"Ehem, last time I checked this was my door."

"Oh you're awake," Isabel blurted out as she pushed Jason off her.

"Just like a woman to use you for her own benefit then push you away when another man pops up," Jason spoke before turning his attention to Jacques, "I see that you're awake, good. Now you can tell us what you found out about Alice's whereabouts."

"Yes, we can go get her, but the priest will be prepared so we'll have to be careful. We can't all go because the manor shouldn't be left unguarded."

"I agree," Jason nodded, "I suggest a small party, you, of course, me, Isabel, and Alex. We might need his tracking in case anything comes up."

"Wait Jason," Isabel interjected, "is it really a good idea of him to go? I don't think he should face Ancief again."

"Don't worry about me Isabel, I can handle myself, besides, I need to show you guys where the place is," Jacques answered.

"Fine, but if anything happens to you I'll kick your ass."

Jason decided to excuse himself from the conversation and went to find Alex. He found Alex transformed into a large, black wolf sitting on a cliff behind the manor watching the sunrise with his head rested on his paws. Alex was always the loner type and often spent his hours alone despite being a twin but Jason being Jason was going to interrupt his peace one way or another.

"Here wolfie wolfie. How about I give you a dog biscuit to make you feel better." Jason taunted.

The wolf did not bother to turn its head towards Jason but merely stretched and its body slowly changed into that of a man. Alex turned around facing Jason with a bored expression.

"What can I help you with Jason?"

"Well, we will be going to get Alice today. Jacques has found out where she is and he's going to take us there."