Chapter 24: Sifting through the Chaos

The news reporters in the city were frantic as they tried their best to get the stories of what was happening on television. 'Supernaturals have gone Savage' was the headline on some stations and some supernaturals in the background could be seen killing people in broad daylight with the human police unable to keep up.

Alice looked at the television and sighed, she knew this was her fault and felt the pain of the people that were killed all because she wasn't strong enough to not let her blood end up in the wrong hands. She saw his face as he walked through the city not caring about the damage he was inflicting and she had every intention of ending Aether, one way or another. Tyler walked into the room and squeezed her shoulder slightly then sat down beside her. She turned to him and gave a slight smile then she realized something,

"Why didn't you tell me you're the Vampire King? I'm your mate, shouldn't I be the first to know this."

Tyler rubbed the back of his neck nervously and glanced around the room, not meeting her gaze. Alice, however, was not in the mood for his zoning-out issues so she grabbed his face and turned it to her, and Tyler closed his eyes. Alice chuckled at his behavior and climbed on top of him,

"You're going to tell me one way or another so you should give in and stop trying to dodge my question."

A blush crept up Tyler's cheeks when she sat on him, and he whispered a silent prayer because this girl was definitely his weakness and he wasn't sure what he was going to tell her.

"It's simple Alice, he didn't know he was." Jason spoke as he entered the room, "Alice get off the lad, he doesn't need you trying to seduce him this morning."

Alice huffed and got off Tyler and Tyler looked to the sky whispering 'thank you.' Alice turned her attention to Jason and rolled her eyes,

"What do you mean he didn't know? Isn't that something you are told the moment you are born?"

"I think it is something you are told," Jason held his chin and then looked at Tyler for an answer.

"I... umm... I've got somewhere to be," Tyler said suddenly and got up to leave the room but Jason held his collar and pushed him back to the chair.

"We could always get William to read your mind if you refuse to talk and that would be fun to watch," Jason smirked at him.

"No, wait!" Tyler half screamed.

He definitely didn't want William anywhere near his mind. The slayer was a victim of it and the only reason he survived the aftereffects was him becoming a dragon and Tyler wasn't sure if he could survive even if he had mastered his powers. He took a deep breath and told them what had happened to his mother and by extension him. He didn't know who his father was so he could only assume that his father had something to do with his powers.

Jason held his chin, deep in thought as he listened to Tyler's story then he held Tyler's face and turned it then let it go. "Do you know where your mother is buried? If you do, then Malthus could find out who is your father by touching your mother's grave and looking into the past then we would be able to sort out this mystery."

Tyler sighed, "I'm not sure, the lady that delivered me must know where it is but I don't even know her. All I know is that my mother's name was Gabriella M... Montague."

"The Montagues are usually all related so if they put your mother in the orphanage she would've been buried in their family cemetery. A long time ago a deal was struck with witches to ensure that even if their family was scattered once they died their bodies would return to their land to be buried in the family plot. In exchange, they protected the witches from the wrath of humans allowing them to live in peace and away from the wars that were taking place." Ace answered behind them.