Chapter 8: Second Wave

Ancief paced about Dafiltae's house in annoyance with the man in front of him. He saw Dafiltae as a fool and was anxiously waiting for an opportunity to end him but now he was to work with him. You will die soon, Ancief thought as he opened his mouth to question Dafiltae.

"Who are you going to send this time?" Ancief asked in an uninterested tone.

"A dragon slayer," Dafiltae replied with a smile.

At his statement, Ancief planted his palm in his face.

"At the rate at which you are going the inhabitants of that manor will start to come after us. What will a dragon slayer do? All dragons are extinct, and your previous march showed that the manor is stronger than you think. You will fail you fool."

"I will not fail. I am a better man than you, you're nothing but a filthy bloodsucker and I will show you who the better man is." Dafiltae shouted at him.

Ancief did not answer him and walked away. He stopped at the door and looked at Dafiltae's bookshelf and his eyes glowed causing the bookshelf to blaze. Dafiltae immediately reacted and put out the fire. When he looked at the door Ancief was gone.

"Don't worry Ancief my dragon slayer is the best and has a strong hatred for dragons when it comes to dragons he will kill without hesitation," Dafiltae shouted to no one in particular.

***************

On the streets heading towards Alice's manor were silhouettes of four individuals, one person at the front and three following behind him. As they walked the figures were slowly revealed with every streetlight being shined on them, on the right is a man with a scar on his face that looks like an "x", he is wearing a black ripped sleeveless combat jacket that shows off his muscles and tattoos, camouflage pants and black combat boots, his weapon of choice is a machete. In the middle is a woman, she is short with long black hair, and seems to be Afro-Caribbean. She is wearing a red hoodie with a white shirt and black pants with black boots that come up just below the knees. Her weapon of choice is a bow and arrow, and she has a crossbow for emergencies. Her eyes were gold in color which indicates that she has good accuracy. On the left is another woman, she is tall with short hair, and has a muscular physique, one would think she is a man, wearing a green tank top and camouflage pants with combat boots. Her weapon of choice was spiky brass knuckles. And at the front, the leader of the group is the dragon slayer. He is tall and muscular with sandy brown hair and purple eyes; dragon scales protrude from his forearms, and he has a tattoo on his chest. He is wearing a black sleeveless hoodie with a black muscle shirt, black fitted pants, and shoes. He carries a sword on his back that is used to slay dragons.

***********

Alice sat on her bed stroking Amalia's hair, which had the sigil that invokes impending doom. She had many other sigils and other rare markings that they did not know of.

"It seems her awakening has started," Alice spoke with a hint of sadness in her voice.

The sound of shattering iron followed by a large thud filled the air. Time had flown by in an instant without anyone's knowledge and it seemed that they now had another visitor. Tyler peered through the window and held his breath as four individuals stood in the yard getting ready for another attack. It was led by one person with three others to back him up. Like the night before Tyler thought Jason would move out first but only Alaska did.

"Alaska, why are you up?" Jason asked realizing that she was standing next to him.

She had sensed that another dragon was closing in on the manor and she moved out to confront the enemy,

"Alright, show yourself or I'll blow you away from your hiding place." She stood there waiting for the enemy to reveal themselves to her but there was no response. "Okay, you asked for it."

Alaska took deep breaths and with each breath, the temperature dropped, and the wind picked up forming a blizzard. Her senses piqued, allowing her to intercept the arrow racing towards her, allowing her to jump out of the way quickly as she predicted that the arrow was laced with a poison that could take down any living thing.

Almost as suddenly as she dogged the arrow a short woman in a red hoodie jumped out and started shooting her arrows with great speed and precision. Alaska waved her hand swiftly and an ice barrier formed, blocking the woman's arrows from hitting their intended target which was her. She rolled her eyes at the woman's attempt to end her and she breathed slowly to whisper the word "Pain" as she relinquished the barrier. The woman fell to the ground clutching her chest, screaming as her ears sprayed blood and her joints began to twist. Her screams continued as her body contorted until her heart finally gave out and her body slumped to the ground, shaking once more before she died.

Alaska smirked at the woman at her feet and stepped over the blood-splattered snow to wait for the other two assassins to attack her. The man with the machete was the first to give away his hiding place and jumped out to attack her. He was swift and his machete came awfully close to her face, but she stepped back just in time. A piece of her hair that had fallen out of place fell to the ground, successfully cut off by the man's machete. Alaska's eyes turned white and she kicked the man off his feet knocking the machete out of his hand. She grabbed the machete and in a swift motion beheaded the man. His head rolled several feet away from his body and at the same time the other woman attacked. Alaska held up her hand and an invisible force held the woman midair. Her eyes became white again and a smirk crawled up her lips as she stared at the woman struggling in the air. Alaska held her hand in a choking position and the woman held her neck screaming as if she could feel Alaska's hands on her neck. Alaska sensed that the dragon became infuriated and he made his presence known. His aura threatened to cover her very being, but she was extraordinarily strong and both their dragons' auras rose to challenge each other. Alaska turned her face from the dragon and smiled before snapping the woman's neck which infuriated the dragon even more and he jumped out of his spot to show himself. He was slightly taken aback when he realized that it was a girl with such a powerful aura but it was his mission to kill her and he had every intention of doing just that, as the rage built in his very being there was this itching feeling from his inner dragon that he could not shake. Tyler held his breath as he looked at the happenings outside and looked around if anyone would go out to help but then he realized why no one in the house dared to go outside. Dragon battles were very brutal, and he suspected that no one wanted to get in between two extraordinarily strong dragons. Alaska turned to face the dragon slayer and her white eyes returned to their normal blue. She started at him for a minute waiting for him to attack. He removed his sword from its scabbard and held it out towards her then he attacked. His attacks were swift and precise, but Alaska dogged each of them with ease which infuriated the dragon slayer. His dragon aura rose and challenged Alaska's, but she merely brushed it off and did an uppercut to the slayer's face. He fell back in astonishment and his energy burst. It knocked Alaska to the ground, and she shook it off. While gathering herself the slayer tried crawling slowly towards her trying to regain his strength to kill her.

"Oh my, it seems like you were having trouble with this one Alaska," she heard a familiar voice speak those words and when she looked up, she saw Jason pinning down the slayer.

Alaska got up and brushed off herself then analyzed the slayer. The enemy looked special; he had scales on his forearms and when she looked into his eyes, she saw that his eyes were purple and consumed with rage, so much rage that he pushed Jason off him rushing over to her with his sword raised trying to plant it in her head. Jason quickly rushed to the dragon slayer and knocked him unconscious causing the dragon slayer to fall to the ground face first.

"Can I kill him now?"

Alaska breathed and closed her eyes centering herself before realizing that the dragon inside the slayer called to her dragon and she knew what it meant. Sighing she replied, "Don't kill this one, let us just keep him as a prisoner. I need to have a few words with him when he wakes up."

"Why are you keeping this one though?" Jason asked.

Alaska sighed once again, fully knowing her decision would not make the situation easier, "Because he's my mate."