Chapter 9: New Commander

Bursting through Dafiltae's front door Ancief called out in annoyance, "Dafiltae!"

"What is it Ancief?" Dafiltae asked as he tried to put together his final parade.

"You are a worthless excuse for a commander and as such your command is over, it's my time," Ancief demanded.

"Have you not heard of the phrase; the third time is the charm?"

"I'm not in the mood for your games. The master is waiting and I'm tired of your failures."

"They are not failures!" Dafiltae said as he raised his voice.

"Silence," Ancief said as his voice echoed throughout the mansion.

"What gives you the right to order me around?" Dafiltae questioned, only to feel like his heart was being squeezed. Ancief's eyes turned from purple to scarlet and his true blood lust aura started to leak out in the air.

"Call off your dogs. It's time to send out real soldiers." Ancief ordered.

Dafiltae fell to the floor clutching his heart and gasping for air as he felt the life leaving his body. His red eye glowed and he held out his hand to a table that rattled a bit before it flung itself towards Ancief but Ancief held out his other hand and the table crumbled to dust. Dafiltae rolled over in pain as beads of sweat formed on his forehead. He held his hand out once again and roared causing a piece of wood to stab Ancief in the shoulder. Ancief stumbled back a bit before regaining his balance which gave Dafiltae time to get up and conjure fireballs which he threw at Ancief. Ancief's clothes caught fire and he flung them off leaving him in just pants. His eyes shone brighter and Dafiltae's legs broke in three places causing him to fall to the floor roaring in anger. Ancief stood over him to give the final blow when time itself stopped.

When time resumed Ancief fell to the floor and a serpent-looking man stood over him licking his cracked lips with his forked tongue. Ancief got up quickly and looked at the odd-looking creature in front of him that had taken a human's body as its vessel. Some features could not be hidden and Ancief could easily detect that this was no human. The serpent slithered casually around the room before grabbing Dafiltae's arm and throwing him on the chair then proceeded to stab a syringe in his broken leg. Dafiltae roared in anger at the creature who merely chucked before strolling over to another chair to make himself comfortable. Dafiltae stared at it in disbelief at his leg that was now healed before storming over to the creature and gripping it by its neck to choke it. The serpent hissed loudly at him and he dropped it before stepping back.

"Ah, so this is the supernatural or human world or whatever you beings call it?" the serpent hissed, "not much to look at really."

"Get to the point already creature!" Ancief shouted while staring at the creature that merely smirked.

"Well, well, someone's feisty today," the creature taunted.

Dafiltae rolled his eyes and planted himself on the chair he was previously flung into and stared at the creature waiting for an answer. The creature merely strolled around the room feeling incredibly happy to be taunting these men.

"So, master has a message for both of you," the creature whispered and put up his leg on Dafiltae's table.

"What is the message?" Dafiltae asked.

"He says that Ancief should be the new commander," the creature smiled evilly at Dafiltae.

Dafiltae looked taken aback and became furious at the creature. "When did he say that?"

"Well, he says you're wasting time and Ancief is way more qualified," the creature chuckled at Dafiltae's angry face before disappearing into thin air leaving his faded smile.