Chapter 6: A Rude Awakening

It was nighttime and every living being was asleep, from the birds to every little critter slept peacefully in their homes. At this time five supernatural beings made their way to Alice's manor. These five beings consisted of three men who were necromancers and two women who were banshees. The group was walking at a really slow pace as if they were on their way to a funeral. They were sent by Dafiltae as the first wave of attack to flesh out the weak parts of the manor.

The wind howled in the distance as they walked down the dimly lit streets that were empty of traffic and living beings which meant that it was extremely late. The moon hid playfully behind a dark cloud that appeared to be angry at people that defied his supremacy. The five persons edged closer until Alice's manor came into view. Without a word, the two banshees stepped from behind the men and positioned themselves at the two entrances to the manor. They let out their deadly screams that had the entire place flipped upside down as everyone fell to the floor covering their ears as they too screamed. The gentlemen simply began chanting and the ground slowly opened, hands and disfigured body parts emerged from the underworld ready to taste flesh.

Alaska managed to stand on her feet and roared in return as a greeting to the banshee's screams. She then let out a surge of energy that blew the banshees off their feet and left them frightened for a second. She went over to help the others off the floor but most of them were knocked out, especially Tyler who had not yet discovered his vampire abilities.

"Hey everyone...you all okay?" Jason asked as he got off the floor in his room and walked out into the hallway where most people had fallen out.

"Yeah," Alice said slowly, "Thanks Alaska. Can you help the others into their room please?"

Alaska nodded in approval and used her telekinetic powers to levitate everyone in their rooms while she walked to her room leaving Jason and Alice to deal with the rude 'guests'.

"Are we ready to go out?" Alice asked Jason as her threatening aura started to rise from her body.

"Awe; Are you asking me out on a date Alice? This is so sudden" Jason replied as a powerful aura engulfed his body as well.

"You know what I mean Jason, are you ready to put out the nuisance outside?" Alice asked, clearly annoyed at Jason's nonsense.

***************

The front door of the manor flew open; in between the door frame stood an entity like no other. It appeared very tall and its nails were extended to a foot long. Its body was pitch black and had soulless eyes while being deathly pale. This was Jason's inner self. He creased his sewn-up mouth into a torturous smirk that showed that he would enjoy the killing that he was about to engage in. He slowly lifted his head then appeared behind the necromancer dressed in red that was in the middle of the undead army and plunged his claws through the chest and plucked out his heart without any mercy. He moved at impeccable speed before the necromancer could realize what happened and then pulled his neck off his body then tossed it to the side releasing a cracking sound that filled the air. The other four enemies turned to look at what it was and were surprised when they saw the head of the leader necromancer on the ground. Before the other two necromancers could react, they saw that they had been missing their other companions, the banshees.

As they scanned the scene, they saw the corpse of the banshees with no head laid up against a wall, while the entity stood between them, with their heads in his hands, then turning to the remaining two he smiled and uttered in a bone-chilling voice, "Don't worry, the lady of the house has a special present for you two."

Hearing those words, the necromancers turned around only to see an empty yard, no trace of their undead army, only the lingering smell of burnt flesh filling the air. They could not even react as they found themselves glued to their spot as a young lady walked toward them. They stood there in disbelief wondering what had happened to their army that was to create a rampage on the household, but it seemed as though they had failed even before they had even started. The necromancers desperately tried to retreat and plead for mercy but the hold that the young girl had on them just would not go; it was just too late for them. Their eyes widened when they saw that the girl's body began to be engulfed in flames with every step she took. They were beyond terrified when they saw that she had a deathly grin on her face as if possessed by the devil. The fire started at their feet and in a split second she was in front of the two; before they could react, she placed her fiery hand onto their chests and their blood started to boil and fry from inside. The necromancers opened their mouth to scream but the fire only engulfed them more and their body exploded splashing hot blood all over Alice's flames which only turned it to ash.

A gust of wind blew through the manor's yard and swept away the remaining ash cleaning the yard of the fight and leaving it as clean as it was before as if nothing had happened.

"You sure took your sweet time," Jason uttered as he saw Alice perched upon the highest point of the manor.

She jumped down from the building and floated to the ground, her eyes changing from flaming red back to their original color, and smacked Jason over the head, "You do know that you need to grow some balls and just mate with Isabel. She is wife material after all."

Jason chuckled at Alice's ease in switching the conversation and pecked her cheek before saying, "Just like you should mate with the shrub. But I feel like there is something special about him. He is different but only time will tell."

***************

"So, what did you learn from this venture?" Ancief curiously asked.

"They have three household members." Dafiltae analyzed.

"And?"

"I've got an idea," Dafiltae replied as he turned into his house.

Ancief shook his head and looked at the back of the man he is supposed to be working with, wondering about his purpose. The master had told him he had a plan, but he was not sure why he needed Dafiltae because he could take on the household by himself. He remembered his once servant and that reminded him that he needed another preferably female like the last one he had, Gabriella. Gabriella was surely a sweet one he thought to himself while he smiled but it was unfortunate that she ran away because he had such high hopes for her.