Chapter 2: The Past Comes Back

When training with the Lin Kuei they taught me that guns aren't the best weapon to use. They said that guns were weapons of our inner demon. So I now use a bow and arrow, I was trained my a man named Bi Han from the Lin Kuei.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback 4 Years Ago
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You will never learn if don't pay attention! "

" Bi Han I've said it so many times, why use a bow and arrow. When I could just use guns. "

" Guns are a waste of time, no respect and barley any skill needed. "

" But they're more effective. "

" With a bow and proper training, you can defeat any enemy standing in your way. "

" Fine...fine I'll practice. "

The Lin Kuei had a motto.

" We are the Lin Kuei, more stealthful than the night, more deadly than the dawn. "

I joined the Lin Kuei, I was Bi Han's apprentice. He really cared, he understood of my past. The Lin Kuei were league of assassins in ancient China and are still standing today.

~~~~~~~~~~
Present Day
~~~~~~~~~~

I was in the work in progress lair under Verdant. I was mapping out where I want to put everything. Like the computers, weapons, training area and the suit. I needed to work on getting a suit. Well first of all it needed to be red not only because it's my favorite color, but I wanted to keep the name Red Hood. I needed help though, I wanted to become the Red Hood because New York is full with dirty cops and corrupted officials.

" You sure you want to do this? "

" The Red Hood thing? "

" Yeah? "

" I have too. If I don't stand up for what's right than who will. "

" What about Laurel? What will she think? "

" Laurel can't know. "

" What? She's going to find out eventually you know that right? "

" When she does I'll figure things out. I'm not even the Red Hood yet. "

" It's not good to keep secrets. Expically since you've been with her for three years now, I think but still a long time. "

" I know, I'll figure it out later. I'm going home. "

I got in my car picked up some Chinese food and drove home.

" Babe, I'm home! "

" Bryan... Someone's here to talk to you. "

" Who? "

" Cassie. "

Cassie was this hot blonde chick that could kick some real ass. She worked with Special Forces and is always wearing tight clothes, she was a babe. Sure I was happy with Laurel but I'm still a man.

" Bryan how you been? "

" Great, how about you. I haven't talked to you in so long. "

" Busy dealing with the Black Dragon when I was sent here concerning the Lin Kuei. "

" Oh. "

" Did you know anything about this? "

" Not at all. But how do you know it's the Lin Kuei? "

" A Lin Kuei star was left at the scene of the crime. "

" Crime? "

" An assassination of course. "

" Who? "

" Not important. Just if you hear from Bi Han tell me. "

" Ok, I'll walk you out. "

" Aright? "

" Ok I'm setting up a base, because I want to use my Lin Kuei training to good. "

" Okay? How does this involve me?

" You wanna join me? "

" Yeah if it'll help me find out what the Lin Kuei are doing, what will I do? "

" I don't know yet. I'll tell when the bass I fully operational. "

" Ok. Well I'm leaving now. Goodnight. "

" Night, be careful in the streets. "

" You know damn well I can take care of myself. "

" Aright see ya. "

I went back inside to bed next to Laurel. But I couldn't sleep. The Lin Kuei was back and Bi Han never told me anything. Is he ok? Why are they back?