Chapter 9: It's Getting Real

Being Arsenal now instead of the Red Hood, maybe the cops would accept me more. I highly doubt it but I want the cops to know that I'm not enemies with them. I'm here to help, even though my methods aren't exactly very acceptable by regular civil justice. I do what the cops can't, you don't see a cop running around wearing full leather and a bow and arrow.

" The mysterious vigilante that goes by the name Red Hood has surprisingly been getting rid of crooks. That doesn't mean it's all good now, the SCPD has been searching for him. If you have any info on the vigilante please contact us at our website " said the channel news lady.

Well that's just great, I have crazy crooks and the cops after me now. I needed allies, I needed some cops on my side.

~ Detective West's Perspective at Police Station ~

This vigilante is really becoming an issue. Even though he's been helping this city it's still illegal. Some how I have to find him.

~ Back to Regular Perspective ~

" Cassie, can you some how distort my voice over the phone? "

" Uh yeah, piece of cake. "

" I want you to do that and get Detective West's number. "

" I'll get on it. "

~ Two Hours Later ~

I was out as Arsenal just looking for street thugs or drug dealers to take down, to give to the cops. When I did it wasn't hard to take them down, shot them in the leg and shot them with one of my new arrows that ties people up with rope. So I gave Detective Lance a call.

* Deep Distorted Voice * " Detective West? "

" Who's this? "

" The vigilante. "

" Red Hood? "

" I go by Arsenal now. "

" Vigilante changing his name? Aright that's something. Okay Arsenal what do you want? "

" West, I'm not an enemy to the SCPD, I want to help. "

" So who's under the hood? "

I hung up, I have no doubt that West will try to find out who I am, or try to track the phone. But that's why I have Cassie, she's making sure it's not possible for them to track me.

~ Detective West's Perspective ~

I did go the location I got from Arsenal, and there were thugs tied up waiting to be arrested. So I went back to the station to our crime scene investigator to see if she could track the vigilante.

" Hey Alexis? Could you somehow track a phone call from my phone? "

" Oh yeah, may I ask who we're trying to track? "

" The vigilante. "

" The Red Hood?! "

" Well he goes by Arsenal now, he says he wants to help. But I have to find him and I could use your help. "

" Okay I'll get on that. "

~ Half Hour Later ~

" So Alexis what's the deal? "

" What? Oh Arsenal, well he's not working alone I can tell you that. "

" So vigilante isn't alone, interesting well thanks Alexis. "

~ Alexis' Perspective Two Hours Later ~

I was always nervous walking in the streets, I was always walking alone. Today I decided to take a shortcut but it meant I had to go through some ally's. When I heard a wisp through the hair.

" * Deep distorted voice *Alexis! "

" Who the hell is talking!? "

As I asked I saw a man in a red hood come out of the shadow. It was the vigilante.

" Holy shit you're the vigilante! Get away from me! "

" I'm not here to hurt you, just talk. "

" What do you want? Murderer! "

" Stop trying to find me if you know what's best for you! That's my only warning! "

He climbed some stairs and left, but I wasn't going to stop, I can't it's my job and I wasn't going to let West down.

~ Back to Regular Perspective ~

" Aright Cassie I warned her. "

" Okay that should end her search for you. "

" Still keep an eye on her, make sure she listened. "

" No problem. "

~ Hour Later ~

" Um Bryan, another robbery. It's Victor Zsasz again. "

" Damn again, that guy looks so crazy, on my way. "

When I got there, Victor was was waiting there for me with a lot of dead cops and his goons nearby.

" I'm starting to think you like to see me. "

" You're funny. "

He looked at his goons and yelled. " Attack! You idiots attack him! "

These goons didn't seem to be alive, of course I knew they were but they seemed lifeless some mind control shit. These goons weren't really try to attack me though they were trying to disarm me. And they succeeded, I tried to fight back but there were to many of them. They wouldn't even fight back, they just took my weapons away. They got me on my knees and were keeping a grip on me. Then Victor menacing walked towards me. He pulled a gun and pointed it at my head.

" So what are you going to do know? I got you at head point. "

I didn't respond I just stared at my possible death, there wasn't much I could do, his goons had a tight grip on me and there was a gun barrel on my forehead. Survival seemed impossible. I was going to die now without being able to say goodbye to my loved ones, without getting to say goodbye to Laurel.