Chapter 13: Broken Arrow

So there I was at Verdant with the Black Dragon, Black Mask's crew, a cop in the club and friends and family in danger. There wasn't much I could do, if I went downstairs to suit up I could risk everyone finding out who I really was. So I did the only thing I could, I turned myself into Black Mask's crew.

" Aright Black Mask I'm here, no one else has too get hurt. Okay? "

" Bryan please don't do this! " Laurel yelled at me while I walked to Black Mask.

Kano, got his men and got there guns a pointed them at Black Mask's crew. I dropped to the ground knowing there was going to be a gun fight. I used the gun fight as a distraction got Megan and went downstairs to suit up.

Running back upstairs people were huddled up scared for their life's. I saw Laurel crying awaiting death, I felt horrible leaving at this time. But I had to, so I could protect her and protect everyone inside. BatGirl went from above and jumped to attack while I shot some of the Black Mask crew. I saw Danielle running to the phone so she could cal for help. Kano saw her and got his butterfly knives out of his boot pocket and went towards her. He grabbed her by the neck and pushed her onto the wall. He had the knife at her throat. I came behind tapped his shoulder and punched his nose. He kept countering my attacks and pushed me away. He then grabbed her and shot his laser eye to her neck and then snapped her neck. Just liked that I lost a childhood friend, I was in rage. BatGirl was barely holding her stand against the goons. Black Mask came at me and sucker punched me. I was fighting Kano and Black Mask and was barely standing. The cops followed in, this was the worse thing that could ever possibly happen. I heard Alexis yelling the vigilantes are here! Black Mask's crew was leaving while shooting cops and the Black Dragon were doing the same. I was Megan getting out. I grabbed Laurel and ran out, people died in there. I lost a childhood friend in there, now cops would be investing the place.

~ Alexis' Perspective 2 Hours Later ~

Seven dead, twenty injured, and two vigilantes escaped. What a day, we had to gangs in here, one looking for Bryan Benitez the other unknown. He has to be questioned.

" What you got Alexis? "

" West, I have nothing we have to question Bryan why did this.... Black Mask come here for him? "

" Beats me, I'll file an investigation. "

~ Back to Regular Perspective ~

" Laurel are you okay? "

" Physically or emotionally? "

" Baby... I'm sorry this happened. "

" Is this going to teach you a lesson? "

" About? "

" Being a vigilante. "

" Laurel I can't just stop being Arsenal. I made a promise to myself. I will safe this city. "

" I don't want to be you damsel in distress! "

" Who said you were?! Laurel you're always on my mind when I'm out there. "

" Bryan... I love you but... We need a break, I can't deal with this. I'm going to my parents for a while, I've made up my mind and I'm sorry. " she said in tears.

" Laurel please don't do this. "

" My mind has been made up I'm sorry. "

*iPhone ring*