Ray of Sunshine? Part 2

Hi everyone, I want to thank you all for reading this and apologize for taking so long to finish it! This was my first story here on Wattpad, and one of the first ones I finished as well! Thank you to everyone for reading my stories and I hope you enjoy this last chapter!

Chester's POV

Chester paced around the living room; he was talking to Mike. "I mean, I didn't think she'd believe him over me! I-I just don't know what to do!" He wailed. Mike was the only person he could think to call, since he had grown close to Mike over the short span of time they've spent in the studio. That, and Mike had a girlfriend, so he hoped he could help.

"Try to find her. Try to woo her back with flowers or something." Mike answered, he wanted to help his friend but he was a bit irritated, bad timing. "Flowers always work with women."

"Oh yeah?" Chester heard a female voice from the other end, must've been Anna.

"Oh shit... Ches, I'll call you back later." Mike abruptly hung up the phone and Chester had to laugh at his friend.

Maybe Mike was right. Chester thought to himself. He hopped in the car and drove off to a store to get a bouquet of flowers as Mike instructed. He picked out a bouquet of roses, almost matching the color of her hair.

Chester was angry, angry at Jim for sending that guy over, angry at the guy for ruining his relationship with Evelyn, and lastly, angry at Evelyn for not letting him explain. Once he returned to his car, he realized there was still one big problem, finding Evelyn. He tried to call her a few times but she didn't answer. The only place he could think she'd be was at her mother's house, so he sped there.

He saw the house and pulled into the driveway, hoping Evelyn would be there. As he approached the black steel door, he could see Evelyn's red hair through the grate. "Evelyn!" He said, happy to have found her. He knocked on the door as Evelyn whipped around to see him, instantly darting up the stairs as she saw him.

"Evelyn, cmon. At least let me explain?" Chester shouted. Someone else, who looked a lot like Evelyn walked up to the door.

"Who are you?" She asked. "You better not be Chester." She warned.

"I am... who are you?" He asked, less rudely.

"Stella, Evelyn's sister. She doesn't want to see you." Stella spat.

Chester leaned on the door in despair. "Please, can I just talk to her? Did she say anything?" Chester asked.

"She did, that some guy came up to her and said you were using her." Stella said sternly.

"She really believes that?" Chester asked, voice quavering a bit.

"Yes, why? Is that not true?" Stella asked.

"Not even a little bit. I barely even know who he is. He was sent over to my house by someone at my studio. I don't even know why he said that or what he wanted with her, but he didn't have good intentions. Please, can I talk to her?" Chester looked up at Stella, hoping she'd accept.

"Okay, fine. I can try to talk to her, but I can't promise anything. Wait here a minute." Stella ran up the stairs to talk to Evelyn, and Chester waited patiently on the porch.

"You're in luck, I could convince her to talk. But you're not doing it out here, come on through to the backyard." Stella opened the door for Chester, who gratefully followed Stella inside.

"Stella, who's this?" An older woman asked.

"Ma, this is Chester. Evelyn's... what are you to her?" Stella asked.

"Uh, I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend when we go on tour together." Chester awkwardly admitted, hoping Evelyn wouldn't overhear him.

"Oh, that's amazing!" Evelyn's mother clapped her hands, walking around the counter to introduce herself to Chester. "Oh, you got her flowers? How adorable!"