Party Foul

The party was held at a small house, which was jam packed full with people. Before even waking inside, you could hear the loud guitar riffs of heavy music. Chester opened the door, and the music got ten times louder, almost to the point where I couldn't hear anything.

Chester searched the room for his band mates, I couldn't be of any help since I didn't know what they looked like. When he saw them chilling on a couch, he pulled my hand and ran toward them.

"Heyyy! Chester!" One of them shouted. I recognized him as his friend Mike from before, even though I never met him.

"Hey! Scooch over!" He giggled, squeezing in between Mike and a few other boys. I found an armchair and sat near them.

He introduced me to his band mates, Mike, Rob, Brad, Dave, and Joe. All of them seemed nice, except Rob didn't seem to be enjoying this party.

After awhile, Chester went into the kitchen and returned with two red cups, offering one to me.

"No thanks, I don't want to drink." I said firmly. He nodded.

"Oh well, more for me!" He cheered, pouring the contents of one cup into the other and tossing the cup in the trash. I laughed at him, appreciating that he wasn't forceful when I didn't want alcohol.

A few minutes later, and he started dancing around. I watched him as he swayed around the room, obviously drunk.

My stomach churned as I realized that Chester was my only way home, could I call his place 'home?'  and that his being drunk could possibly result in another bad experience. I began to worry, as my mind wandered deep and depressing thoughts. I grew extremely anxious as I feared what could happen to me at this party.

"Are you okay?" I was startled out of my thoughts as Mike now knelt in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just nerves." I tried to say, but I could tell Mike knew there was something else going on. I scanned the room for Chester, whom was nowhere in sight. Great. "Wanna get out of here?" Mike asked, offering me a hand and walking me out to his backyard. He stood and leaned on the deck, and I followed suit, looking out at the vast view he had of the city.

"I've always loved Los Angeles, it's beautiful, isn't it?" Mike asked, trying to cheer me up.

"Breathtaking." I replied, mesmerized by the view. Mike had a small house, but lived higher in elevation than the rest of the city.

"So, how did you and Chester meet?" Mike asked, turning to face me.

"It's complicated." I bit my nails as I replied, not really wanting to explain everything.

"Oh, well where are you from?" He asked, trying to distract me from my thoughts.

"I'm from here, always have been." Mike smiled as he heard my response.

"I've never seen you around here, it's a big city though." Mike laughed to himself.

We talked for awhile and I could see him and I becoming good friends. He told a lot of funny stories about the band, most of them revolving around Chester.

After awhile, he went back inside and I followed. The music was still pounding in my ears, but I sat down near the rest of the band members again, each of them having a drink in their hands except for Rob, and Chester was still nowhere to be seen. He was probably with a girl somewhere.

Again with that weird feeling of jealousy. I tried to think about something else, because I just met the man, and we were not even together. Would he ever want to be with me though? I slapped myself internally, knowing that the answer to that question was most likely a no. I found the man attractive, very attractive, but there was no way he'd feel the same about someone like me.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna go..." I tried to speak but was cut off by Mike.

"Didn't you come with Chester?" He asked, concern written all over his face.

"Yeah. I did..." I trailed off,  realizing there was nowhere for me to go now.

"It's all good, I'll bring you to my place and you can stay over for the night, and go back to Chester's tomorrow." Rob spoke up. Everyone stared at him in shock, but nodded.

"That's probably a good idea, Rob's the only one who didn't drink." Phoenix exclaimed.

I accepted and pretty soon Rob and I were walking out of the house. I caught a glimpse of Chester, passed out in the corner of the kitchen.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I asked, worried about him.

"Yeah, he'll be fine, he drinks a lot. Mike will probably put him on the couch soon anyway." Rob smiled, walking to his car. That made sense, considering the sheer disaster of bottles that his place was filled with when I first got there.

I hopped into the passenger seat of Rob's car as we drove to his apartment.

It was small and clean, and he seemed content with it. "You can take the couch." He said, tossing me a throw blanket.

"Thanks." I laid down on the couch and couldn't stop thinking about Chester, or what would happen if he kicked me out, which he would probably do after awhile. I mean, I can't just live off of him forever, right?

Chester woke up with a pounding headache. He groaned as he struggled to sit up. It was a feeling he was used to, but it still sucked.

He realized he was in Mike's house, which was, quite frankly, a mess. He was on the couch, and he figured that someone had probably put him there because knowing himself, he probably didn't fall asleep there.

He couldn't remember anything from that night, except that his album sold nationally, and that he was there with Evelyn.

Evelyn. Where was she? Chester sprung to his feet, running around trying to find her. His mind conjured up several bad scenarios as he started panicking, unable to find her anywhere.

"It's too early for this shit, man." Mike said in a groggy voice, walking into the kitchen.

Chester hoped he knew where Evelyn was, because that was all he could think about. He asked Mike, and felt a weight fall off of his shoulder when he hopped in the car and drove to Rob's place.

He suspected Rob would probably be up early as usual, he probably left the party early too. Chester knocked on his door, and to his surprise, Rob didn't even take two seconds to answer.

Smiling, Rob opened the door, offering Chester a cup of coffee. His heart skipped a beat as he saw that beautiful auburn hair all strewn about on the couch. She must've still been sleeping.

Chester sat at Rob's counter, chatting with him as he drank the heavenly liquid called coffee.

About twenty minutes later, Evelyn started to wake up. She gasped at first, not knowing where she was, but Rob made her a steamy cup of coffee. She joined them, and the three of them chatted up a storm.