..⃗. 𝐜𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ

( for help :italics - pastnormal text - present )

( for help :
italics - past
normal text - present )

Seokmin’s first memory from his fourth year in Hogwarts was of him leaving everyone at the Quidditch tryouts speechless.

The captain of the Hufflepuf team had asked him to try every position, starting from that of a beater to a seeker, for the sake of deciphering a more suitable evaluation of his skills. Stamina, agility, technique — all stats were at a level that allowed him to do well regardless of which position he played in. But it was when he had gone head to head with the current seeker of the Hufflepuf team that he had caught all eyes on the field, at the fact that Seokmin  almost effortlessly surpassed him in speed. And soon enough, the surface of the snitch felt smooth in Seokmin’s palm.

The first term of that year had been spent in rigourous practice. Seokmin had been told by his captain that he had immense potential, that he’d be a scene stealer in his first game, that their house had a solid chance for winning the cup that year with ease.

What Seokmin hadn’t been told was that they wouldn’t be the only house with a new prodigy in their team.

Seokmin didn’t know what higher force had helped him get out of bed in time for breakfast the following morning. Despite being one of the last from his house to arrive in the Great Hall, Seungkwan and Soonyoung had, in some rare instance of being generous friends, had saved him food.

The courtyard escapade from previous night, had left Seokmin with a sorrowful amount of time to dedicate to sleep, hence that's why he was tempted to just use his plate of mashed potatoes as a makeshift pillow for a power nap. When Soonyoung had the audacity to look at him dead in the eye and imitate a meow, Seokmin channelled his last stretch of energy into kicking his best friend under the table. Seungkwan didn’t even flinch at the exchange; he was too unfazed by his two friend’s tomfoolery. So he just kept going through his mail with one hand and spooning porridge with the other.

Seokmin’s gaze gravitated itself towards the Slytherin table and memories slowly started to trickle into Seokmin’s conscience. He wondered if the way he stuffed his cheeks with mashed potatoes somehow lessened the dark blush spreading over them.

An unfamiliar face was amongst the Slytherin team that rushed into the field. And just then an unfamiliar name was added by the announcer tied to this face as Hong Jisoo when each player was being introduced. And this Hong Jis apparently turned out to be two years above Seokmin. Both houses had new seekers without much information apart from their names. The crowd was buzzing with curiosity on how the game would unfold.

Rather than nervousness and "what if"s, excitement is what thrummed beneath Seokmin’s skin. He looked at Jisoo with just as much interest as the spectators in the stands. Their gazes met only for a short-lived moment before the game began and their attention immediately turned to the spark of gold flitting through the field in the shape of the tiny snitch.

🎐ㅤ爱ㅤ𓂃ㅤ𖠗ㅤ𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚𝙙ㅤ𓏲