..⃗. 𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐯𝐞 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ

Exam season had finally been done and wrapped up without casualties or battle wounds, but instead of dissolving  into peace, the roots of Jisoo’s butterflies had merely relocated to the impending Quidditch match against Hufflepuff instead

Exam season had finally been done and wrapped up without casualties or battle wounds, but instead of dissolving  into peace, the roots of Jisoo’s butterflies had merely relocated to the impending Quidditch match against Hufflepuff instead. A few days had already separated him from the event, but each day that melted away only fueled his habit of overthinking.

He was pretty sure that if any professor caught a glimpse of his work ethic during patrols, he would’ve gotten an earful of scolding. Jisoo got lost in his thoughts so easily that the job felt more like talking a walk around the castle than maintaining order and discipline of any sort.

Quidditch genuinely brought Jisoo joy. His entire self brimmed with pride at the thought that his team relied on him and that many people were in awe of his skills. But skills also created expectations. Shouldering both trust and great expectations could get heavy at times.

On top of that, the variable in this case that could throw everything to hell was just how whipped was he for Hufflepuff’s seeker. Jisoo felt his ribcage become just a bit too tight for his heart every time his eyes caught sight of Lee Seokmin in the hallways, in the Great Hall or, most nerve-wracking of all, in the stands during Quidditch matches. Being on his tail for the duration of an entire match might just end Jisoo.

He feared that he would end up being rendered utterly blind to the snitch due to how conscious he was of Seokmin’s presence. A chill ran down Jisoo’s spine at the thought of the Slytherin team captain, aka his best friend Jeonghan hitting a bludger at him if he wrecked their chances for the Cup because of a stupid one-sided crush.

Only a faint meow from the shadows snapped Jisoo, who had zoned out in the middle of the courtyard, out of his reverie. He smiled; it was a sound that had been offering him comfort for a while now. But the relief instantly drained out from his body when it finally came to his attention that the figure which was approaching from the direction of the sound was very much human.

Jisoo genuinely hoped he hadn’t let his jaw drop to his feet at the view of the beauty named Lee Seokmin sauntering in his direction with a bright smile that complimented his features in all the right ways.

Y-you aren’t supposed to be out here, ❞ Jisoo said weakly, wanting nothing more than for the ground beneath him to break apart and swallow him up after his stutter.

Seokmin however, seemed unbothered by the statement. If anything, his smile seemed the slightest bit brighter as he kept on confidently walking forward. ❝ I’m not? Well, you didn’t seem to mind until now, ❞ Seokmin replied with a playful tone.

Aside from being shocked and flustered, Jisoo was now also confused, and he couldn’t even dissolve in his panic properly, at least never in the presence of his longtime crush.

Everything in Jisoo’s mind got reduced to inaudible white noise, however, when amidst his stride, Seokmin had suddenly disappeared in the blink of an eye. In his place, the only thing in front of the Slytherin at that surreal moment was a small silver scottish fold cat that effortlessly jumped onto the fountain’s stone edge and sat beside him, curiously peering at him with its round light eyes.

At that very moment, Jisoo’s heart couldn’t decide between whether to beat straight out of his chest or just cease to function altogether.

A fleeting moment was all it took for Seokmin to return to the moonlit scene. He sat with his legs leisurely crossed, the distance of only a hand separating him from Jisoo, who still looked frozen as if all the cogwheels in his head had permanently halted work. Seokmin seemed to understand. He calmly waited for Jisoo to piece together the fragments of his thoughts, never once looking away from the prefect. Seokmin’s eyes were the same colour as the scottish fold that Jisoo had grown fond of throughout the nights, and Jisoo really wanted to turn around and throw himself in the fountain right then and there.

🎐ㅤ爱ㅤ𓂃ㅤ𖠗ㅤ𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚𝙙ㅤ𓏲