Chapter 5

"Wake up! Wake up!", Oh no, it's morning already? "Come on, sleepy heads, you have to get ready! Your stylist has picked out an outfit for you that I've placed in your dressers.", Enobria shouted from the kitchen.
"It's too early. I want to sleep" I moaned.
Enobria stomped into my room and ripped off the blanket that I had been comfortably snuggling in. That sudden burst of coldness woke me up a bit more. She smiled at my distress of not having the blanket.
"There's breakfast on the table, you wouldn't want it to get cold, do you?"
The sound of food made my stomach gurgle.
After we had all finished eating, Cato and I went to change into our training attire. What we had for clothing were black pants with red and blue lines on the side of each leg, and a matching top to go with it. Well isn't that original?, I almost blurted out sarcastically.  A few minutes later, we headed down to the capitol building.
At the center, all the tributes lined up in the order of the districts. You can imagine my discontent when Glimmer was next to Cato. Even though that girl was indeed dropping off a pen, I still sense that she's up to something. And I trust I'm not gonna be happy about it.
We all stood there silently while a peacemaker started giving us instructions on what to do and what not to do. The second she stopped talking, everyone rushed to go find the suitable station of their likings. I was in a playground, literally. Children running from every corner, trying to find what playstructure to play on next. Once the storm had calmed down, I walked towards a place where knives had been stored, and shot three of them perfectly in the middle of three different bullseyes. I turned around to find that the girl for district 11 was staring at me looking like she wanted to compliment me, but didn't.
"Hey, what are you looking at?"
"Nothing, I'm just trying to find a station where I could go."
She seemed scared.
"Okay, well then good luck." I said and walked away.
That was weird. I never want to have to do that again.
I didn't really know what to do next. I had been training for this my entire life, there was no need for me to train anymore. So I went to the station where I had last seen Cato.
"Hey! How are you holding up?"
"Fine. Aren't you supposed to be training right now?"
He asked while chopping off the head of a plastic manakin, with a sword.
"I came to the conclusion that I didn't need anymore training. That's all I've been doing for the last couple of years."
Cato stared at me like he was gonna chop my head off.
"Siriously?" he seemed amused by my statement
"Clove, I have been training for far more years than you have. Even though I'm good at sword throwing, I'm not perfect at it.You may think that you are perfect, but you can always improve."
I rolled my eyes.
"You sound like my brother."
"You're brother was right then. Go practice some more, and come back to me when you're done."
"Alright, I'll let you babysit me just this once. But in the arena, I'm following my own rules."
He grinned at me.
I went back to the station I had previously been, hoping that girl from district 11 had left. To my relief she had.
I wasn't really good at socializing. When it came to Cato though, it just felt natural, which made sense because I knew him before, and even then, we just got along. As for Glimmer, I just wanted to protect Cato from her, she seems dangerous and untrustworthy.
"All tributes come back here and line up in the same order." A peacekeeper proclaimed, "The time has come for you to receive your training scores. Starting off with, District 1 Glimmer Belcourt. Please come through these doors."
When my turn came around, I shot 3 knives perfectly in the middle, but 1 of them landed in a circle on the outside of the bullseye. Cato was right, I should have practiced a bit more. Thankfully when the scores were released later that afternoon, I got an 10/12. Infact, Cato got the same score as me, and I was sure we would both hold the highest marks of this year. No one had gotten over it in centuries. So you can imagine my surprise when that girl, Katniss got an 11.
"Isn't that girl from district 12?" I asked Cato.
"I think we may have just found our competitor in the games."
How was that even possible?? I sure am gonna want to hunt her down in the arena.