∆•Chapter~Twenty-eight•∆

Akaashi Keiji's POV

If I'm honest, this party really made me anxious. I was nervous of hanging around the main people of the party. I didn't think they would want me there. They had all these friends here I'm sure I was just holding them back. I can only assume the only reason I'm here is because I was at the table when they created the idea of a party. Or simply because I'm friends with Komori and Sakusa.

I also felt nervous to drink. I was nervous I would embarrass myself. I was nervous I wouldn't be able to handle the taste. I was nervous I wouldn't be able to control what I say or do. I was nervous to ask for something so many others wanted more than me. I was nervous I would just be in the way. At the same time, I wanted it. I knew it would numb the nerves and maybe I could loosen up a bit.

I have terrible social anxiety. I'm aware of it. I know a lot of my thoughts aren't realistic but logic never stops me from thinking them. All the matters to me is my impression on others. I can truly be myself around Sakusa and Komori but who I really can be fully honest with, is my friend Kenma. He's my closest friend but also has a little bit of that social anxiety. Just like me, he hides his face. He doesn't like to be noticed. I had him as my plus one but he didn't want to come. Trust me, neither did Sakusa or I but since Sakusa had to for Komori and Atsumu, he dragged me.

So now it was time we could drink. More people came towards the kitchen and I was sitting at the bar scared. I thought of myself as a waste of a seat. I shouldn't be taking any space now should I? Sakusa was against the wall looking highly uncomfortable from all the people. I was trying to look down and just hide myself. Maybe I should move for someone else? I was about to go with Sakusa until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Bokuto with a comforting smile.

"Bokuto-san?" I asked, wondering what it was he had to say.

"I can tell you don't like the crowd. Want to go somewhere else?" He asked. That was kind of him, although I didn't want to ruin his fun.

"It's okay, Bokuto-san. I can go with Sakusa-san, you can have fun." I said, smiling reassuringly. He frowned before walking to the cupboard and grabbing a small bottle of alcohol. He seemed to talk to Osamu for a second, gesturing to the bottle, before Osamu gave a nod. He grabbed two shot glasses and walked back up to me. He tilted his head in a motion that told me to follow him. I silently got up and looked at my feet while I walked through the crowd. There hadn't been anyone I disliked here, I was just still having my emotions. Bokuto took me to the bottom of the staircase before he handed me a glass. I hesitantly grabbed it and he seemed to pick up on it.

"Never drinken?" He asked, to which I gave a slow nod. I looked down, embarrassed. I really cared about his opinion and was always hesitant to answer any questions he gave me.

"You don't have to if you don't want. If you do, I can help you with it." He reassured while I looked up at him and noticed his smile. I nodded and looked back down. I didn't want to take any from them, I knew it wasn't easy to get underage. I just felt like such a burden being here. I didn't know what to say so I kept silent. I felt him rub my back and I smiled to myself.

"Everyone here is allowed to have some, don't worry Kaashi." He said and I smiled more. I nodded and he opened the bottle. He poured some into both of our glasses and I kind of just stared at it. I didn't really know what to do. I knew you had to drink it but like in sips or..?

"Warning, it tastes awful. Also take it all at once, it's easier. Another thing is enjoy the first shot because after that you won't want to drink more." He laughed and I gave a nod. He clinked his glass against mine before he downed his. I watched closely and put the glass to my lips. The smell was horrid and strong but I tried not to focus on that. I took it down and my eyes widened. I put a hand to my throat and made a face of pure agony. He started laughing and I felt myself blush in embarrassment.