Chapter 8

Eddie's POV

I've just received terrible news about my Abuela. This can't be happening. I haven't seen her ever since I moved to Texas. It's been 3 years and I can't lose her now. She's had multiple health issues in the past but never one so severe. I hope everything goes well.

When Juicy and I finally arrived at the Lecture Hall, I pulled him right to the back. I couldn't let anyone see me like this. My eyes were still teary and I looked like a mess. I dabbed the remaining moisture with my sleeve before we took our seats.

As the rest of the students made their way into the hall, I noticed a girl approaching us. I quickly wiped my face before looking back up and locking eyes with her. It was Gabby.

"Oh, hi Gabby!" greeted Juicy

"Uhh... hi. May I ask, what are you doing in my seat?" she asked

"Excuse me?"

"I said... what are you doing in my seat?"

"Sorry... I'm confused. What do you mean your seat?"

"Eddie and I always sat next to each other during morning lectures. It's been like that for months already. Has he never told you?"

"Umm... no"

"Oh, well now you know"

"Yeah... I guess"

"Great! So now that you know, please be a gentleman and MOVE YOUR ASS"

Her voice echoed through the walls before the hall grew completely silent. All the students and professors turned around and stared directly at us. Gabby looked around but ignored the crowd. She silently stared at Juicy before crossing her arms. Juicy on the other hand, froze in shock. He remained silent and began to fidget with his hands. Did she just say that? Why did she yell at him? Was that really necessary?

"Hey, Gaege! Are you even listening?!"

Before she could yell again, Juicy took a deep breath and softly replied:

"Calm down, Gabby. There's no need to yell"

"Well, you clearly aren't listening when I talk normally!" she snapped

"Can we not do this here, please? You're causing a scene"

"Do what? All you need to do is lift that tiny butt of yours and find another seat. Is that too complicated for you?"

"I don't see the issue. Eddie and I want to sit next to each other so-"

"I... said... MOVE"

I could sense that Juicy was getting frustrated. I was too. What's going on? Why was she yelling? Did we do something wrong? I looked around and noticed the huge crowd that was staring at us. Uhh... this was so uncomfortable.

"Should I repeat myself or do you need a hearing aid or something?" she continued

I felt the awkwardness grow as she continued to yell. Sweat began to build up on my forehead and I became restless. Come on, the day just started and now we're already involved in drama.

"Hello?!" she snapped

I couldn't take it anymore. If Juicy wasn't going to say anything, I will.

"Look, Gabby. You're making too big of a deal out of this. Look around. You're causing a scene and now everyone is staring at us. Just let Gaege sit next to me for one lecture. It's not the end of the world. You and I even have the same class after this so please, find another seat and just sit down!"