Chapter 18: Waking Feelings

Chapter 18

Lori

Ugh, I felt like crap. I can’t exactly remember what happened or where I am. But my whole left side is sore. I moved my left arm to massage my head but I noticed it was wrapped in a hard, white casing. I looked at it as I questioned its existence.

I looked down to see my whole body covered in sheets. I felt the fabric of my dress.

Dress?

I was in  hospital gown....

I began to hyperventilate as I took in the room. Plain white walls, only one window, which was closed and one door, also closed.

Then as I tried to move my legs, only the right one responded normally. The other felt stiff and really painful. That was when I got the memory.

I was falling down the stairs. Imagining pain in my left side that wasn’t there now. Meave pushed me down. She was angry because Victor broke up with her.

I began to cry. I was emotionally strained. The person I hate, hated me more. She’d probably do anything to me now. If she wouldn’t, this “accident” proved that she’s capable of hurting me. I bet she can’t wait to take Jace away from me too, like Victor.

“Jace?” I called out. Wait, shouldn’t I be calling out Drew?

“Lori. You’re up. How do you feel. Are you hurting?” Jace said as he rushed over to my side. I hadn’t realized that he was in the same room with me. He held my hand with his left and began to wipe away my ending tears.

“N-no I’m fine. Where’s Drew?” I asked, sniffling.

“He’s-” Jace began but was cut off when Drew came in. My heart swelled at the sight of him. Come to think of it, it did the same when I saw Jace…

“Guys, what’ll happen to my leg?” I asked, tears forming at the edge of my eyelids.

“Lori,” Jace started as he held my good hand in both of his.

“You’re knee is badly damaged. The doctor said that once it heals, you may not be able to run again.” He told me somberly.

Running was my everything. What was I going to do to clear my head? I loved to run. I especially loved running with Jace.

“Jace, That’s not possible. I have to be able to run.” I cried. Jace enveloped me in a hug and I winced when the action sent burning waves throughout my left side.

I let out a low whimper and Jace picked up on it.

“Shit Lori, I’m sorry. But look, the doctors said it was a fifty/fifty chance. We just have to hope for the best that you will be able to run.” He said as he just held my hand.

I realized that Drew was awfully quiet and when I turned to see him, he was staring at our joined hands with a strained face. I pulled back my hand I began to feel my foreign cast. It became a bit awkward so I began to ask questions to Drew.

“Drew, what’s wrong?” I asked timidly.

“Lori, there’s something we have to tell you.” Drew said guarded. I looked at Drew then Jace.

“What is it?” I asked holding Drew’s hand this time.

“Lori, I have to do something very terrible. And it may break your heart but I have to do it. At least for my sister.” Drew said. I began to get scared, thinking about what I would get heartbroken about.

“L-like what?” I asked, not wanting to know.

“I have to sleep with your sister.” Drew said. And he was right, It did break me. I pulled my hand away from me and more tears spilled.