Chapter 9: A New Moment in Life and Hatred

Chapter 9

When I woke up with Drew's arm around me, I panicked. But it was just for a while when I realized I wanted it. His warmth radiated from behind me and I couldn't help but bask in it.

What exactly did this mean? Did I like him? Was he my rebound?

For the last thought I hope not.

I looked outside that window that once filtered light from the moon. The sun has barely made its entrance and cracks of light are peeking through. It must be really early then.

All these thoughts swarmed in my head and I had to let them go. Funny, the only way I could was to run. But I can't really run in such a sketchy place alone. I didn't want to wake up Drew, so I got up and paced out in the back. It was really nice the grass was dead sure, but there was space. It was cold too so I didn't exactly just pace. I worked out and by that I did mad push ups and all that.

Does he like me back? Could he ever? I mean he's a player! I thought I should steer clear of those! But somehow we always end up with each other. What the hell. And that kiss. God it was mind blowing. I can't believe I let myself! What happened to never falling again?

How will you know if anyone's worth it if you don't jump? Drew as much as you are right, I feel like I'm going to get hurt. Please don't be the one to hurt me.

"Lori!" I was brought back from my thoughts as Drew ran up to me.

"What are you doing out here?! I've been wor-" He stopped shortly then continued.

"Been wondering where you were." He said sheepishly.

"I've just been pacing here I guess." I said.

"More like just doing sit ups. How's it like down there?" He smiled.

Down there?

I looked at where I was and thought that the grass was closer than I remembered. I've been on auto-pilot and now I'm just letting everything sink in.

"So what are you, like a athletic junkie? 'Cause every time I see you you're exercising." Drew chuckled.

"Yeah. I guess you could say that." I smiled at him. He looked back at me with a warm smile then his eyes dropped to my lips, then back up to my hazel ones.

"I uh, made breakfast if you'd like. Not really sure, with what you working out and such." He said awkwardly.

"Breakfast will be nice." I got up and stepped on my own shoe and I felt myself falling.

"Whoa there. I got you." He laughed at my obvious clumsiness.

I kept my eyes closed so that I wouldn't see his red shirt and the grass fight over in a tumble. When I did open them, he was watching me with an intense gaze.

I peeked at his lips momentarily before I brought my lips to his. I don't know what caused me to do this movement on impulse. I just wanted to to do it. The kiss was amazing, just like last night. I felt my knees go weak and my hand gripped his arm to hold myself. His hand wrapped around my waist as his other hand tangled with my damp hair.

Damp hair. My mind echoed.

Sudden realization hit me. I was probably working out hard and now the tiredness is hitting me which means I was probably sweating like a pig!

I ended the kiss and pushed him away and I began walking towards the broken house.

"Everything alright Lori?" Drew asked timidly.