Chapter 12: Post-Moving

Chapter 12

Lori

Six days have passed and now I'm standing in front of my now empty room. I had gotten closer to Drew. It was nice, having someone to help you get emotionally better. I can't say the same for him though. He's always leaving and telling me it's because of Sarah.

I hope that is the reason. But I also wonder why he would go out with me in the first place if he's going to do something heartbreaking. He knows where I'm moving too. The place is a cute two story house. The roof is red with white walls and has a balcony. I chose the room with the balcony because I get easier access to sneak out and also just for looking outside. The grass is well tended and is green and lush. Honest to say, it was hard to win the balcony room from Damon.

Drew knew my new address and he said he would come over when he could for my birthday but I'm not so sure. I told him that I didn't want anything big.

Maeve and Victor suddenly decided to go out. And I thought he was going to try and win me back. I gave a little humorless laugh at the thought. Victor never really stays true to his words. They were all kissy in the halls, but Drew and I kept our PDA to a minimum. I liked him sure, but I can’t just develop feelings like that.

I had to see if Drew was worth the risk. Oh but how I never get a clue.

My phone began to ring and I looked at the picture. It was Drew sleeping. I had chosen the photo I took of him when he first slept over.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Lori, hey. I was wondering if you’d like to hang out.” Drew asked me.

“Sure I guess where?”

“The beach.” He laughed a little at what he said. The beach has become our most visited place. We would always go just to watch the sunset. It was a truly beautiful scene.

“Hello? Lori, you there?” He asked me, pulling me out of replaying memories of the beach.

“Yeah yeah I’m here. And sure let’s go to the beach.” I agreed.

We were to meet in about an hour. He said get settled in your new home. What I loved most about it was that it was closer to the beach. I decided to fill my closet with all my clothes, mostly dresses. In my wardrobe that was moved to my bed, I put in all my undies and socks, and my shirts and pants.

 It had only taken about half an hour and I was wishing the time went quicker.

“Fuck it. I’ll just go for a thirty minute run. Get familiarized with my new block.” I laughed at the fact that I wouldn’t have to see Victor anymore.

I was outside and stretching my legs. My knee has gotten better and I was able to run without wincing. My iPod was playing Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. I absolutely love this song and it always puts a hop in my step.

When I got home, there was a boy standing in front of my house door. He was holding a plate of cookies and knocking the door with the other hand. He looked about my age. With brown hair that looks red in the sun. His attire went well with his fohawk hair. He had blue denim jeans on and white Converse. His black shirt fitted him well. I could see he was lean but had subtle muscles underneath his shirt.

“Um, hello?” I asked when I came from behind him. Obviously, he didn’t know I was behind him and he jumped and turned around. I giggled at his shocked face.

“Uhhh, h-hi.” He was still in his shocked state.

“What are you doing here?” I asked curiously.

“I um-“ He cleared his voice when he hear it crack. This boy was cute just by standing here!

“I mean, I’m here to welcome you to the uh, to the neighborhood.” He flashed his smile nervously.