Chapter 6: A New Rush

Chapter 6

When I saw Drew talking to Maeve, I felt angry. I don't know why I just did. When He turned around and I know he saw my first facial expression. Instantly, I changed it. I stalked off to the girls bathroom.

I felt angry at Maeve because I feel like she's invading my life practically most of the time.

Just let it go. You know she gets everything she wants.

I got out of the bathroom and bumped into one of Maeve's sophomore friend. She gave me a quick overlook and sneered.

"Oh look, it's the little heart brokened girl." she said smiling at me.

Oh look, it's one of the school's slut." I smiled back.

"You take that back!" She yelled at me.

"Why? It's true isn't it? Why say something inaccurate?" I asked faking sweet.

"Now I see why Victor left you for Maeve." She sneered. Her words hurt but I didn't let her see that.

"Like your boy toy did you and left?" I shouldn't have said that. I knew this little information from Maeve when she told me what happened to Tally.

"Bye sweetie." I told her before turning and walking away.

I had my back turned back for two seconds before I was pushed to the floor, landing on my knees and hands. My navy blue bag slid across the floor and spilled all what it was containing.

I stood up and faced Tally who looked at me with a murderous look. I've never been in a fight so I don't know how well I am. Guess we'll find out.

"Do that again. Watch." I threatened. She didn't hold back. She tried to grab my hair and pull me but I quickly smacked her hand again. She looked surprised so I took this chance to punch her right on the side of her mouth, splitting her lip.

"Ow! What the hell?!" She obviously didn't like how I fought.

She lunged at me and brought me to the floor. I knew that if I didn't have her off of me, she would've had me beaten. I quickly jerked her off and I straddled her I was punching and scratching her continuously. She had her arms flailing around me and at one point I felt myself being slapped.

"That's enough Lori!" Someone shouted from behing me. I felt someone grab me effortlessly and I was pulled back.

Before the principle could get to me I quickly pulled my arm from whoever was holding and and I left.

I felt so alive! My first fight and I loved how the adrenaline felt, pumping through my veins. As I made my way towards my car, I left the school grounds, not caring if I was cutting five class altogether.

I made my way to the beach, surprise, surprise. And I sat down on the warm sand. As the ocean wind was whipping my hair backwards, I felt my left cheekbone sting. I brought my fingertips to the source of the stinging and when I brought them backwards to see, a slim line of crimson was imprinted on my finger.

"Well that' fine." I wiped it away with my sleeve only to leave it burning more.

There was slight fog around me as I looked around. I love the beach. It brings me an overwhelming calmness. I think back to last night and how snuggling with Drew felt really nice. That scared me. I just got out of a three year term relationship and just after four days I was feeling quite squirmish with a player.

Just as I thought, a cute boy saw me and walked up to me.

Gosh, why can't people just leave me alone!