𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐟

It appears he challenged Langa to a beef. Then you two met eye contact.

It became a bit awkward but soon Miya ended the conversation and left.

"Langa you seriously can't go against that guy, he is on another level." You said.

Reki agreed with you but even that wasn't enough to encourage him to stop.

He really does like challenges you thought.

"Well y/n he was your childhood friend, any tips for us?" Reki questioned you.

"Well he is always developing his skills more and more so it's hard to say but with him, your best chance is to think outside of the box, he lowers his guard when he gets too confident so that's your best chance as well," you said

"Wow you really do analyze your opponents well," said Reki.

~Time skip to the race ~

The course was full of many skaters dressed in all types of outfits, you were wearing yours too.

Everyone was excited to see the race. A rookie vs a pro, now this is gonna be interesting.

Like anyone would think, Miya would definitely win but you had an uneasy feeling, this rookie wasn't any ordinary guy.

"Are you mocking me?" Miya said after noticing Langa didn't have his board.

"No, my board is being made right now" Langa calmly responded.

As Langa said that Reki ran uphill with Langas new board

"Power of friendship, how embarrassing," Miya said in a sadistic attitude.

The skateboard wasn't any ordinary skateboard though

GO

Reki and you jumped into Shadows car, "drive old man" you said in your unemotional tone. "This isn't a taxi! And I'm 24!!" He shouted and then began driving.

The race started and Miya was in the lead, it was obvious that this would happen, but this rookie surprised everyone by taking the lead by an unexpected trick.

"He learned all that in such a short period of time," you thought to yourself while amazed.

Suddenly Miya did a rail slide, "at that speed he was able to pull of a rail slide, that's amazing" you said as you watched the match closely.

This match was nothing ordinary, the rookie actually stood a chance against the pro.

They were coming towards the end and it seemed as if Miya would win, He got confident, if Langa could find an opening now, he could actually win, suddenly Langa looked at Reki, an unexpected twist happened as Langa was on the broken railing, suddenly Miya stopped to see if Langa would make it.

He did, then Miya pushed harder on his skateboard but lost. This truly was a surprise, you looked at Reki, he was looking at Langa, that was the same way you use to look at someone, with the same look of hope.

The race ended

"The rookie won!?" People said astounded. Reki ran towards Langa "That was amazing" Reki said excitedly.

You were more focused on Miya, for some reason, it bothered you seeing him like this.

Reki approached Miya and said, "I can tell you what you're doing wrong". Miya's eyes widened. " what? " he said in bitterness.

Reki responded, "skating is something you have fun doing".

Narrator pov:
Miya had a few flashbacks, of when it was fun, flashbacks from when he met Y/N to skating with his other friends.

Y/N pov:
"It was really fun indeed," Miya said in anger but slowly switched to a sadder tone "but.. everyone disappeared"

Reiki flicked Miya on his forehead. "What the hell are you doing!", Miya exclaimed.

Reki calmly said " are you a dumbass? not everyone disappears.

Reki pointed at you "she is an example, your the one that pushed her away am I right? "

Miya's slowly started tearing up. "Y/N.." He said. You stood there with tears forming in your eyes.

Reki suddenly smiled "we will never leave you," he said cheerfully. But before anything else could happen the moment was interrupted by Adam.

He appeared in front of everyone.

"Miya, you are all empty," he said with an evil smile on his face. You suddenly got angry and before you could say something Reki held you back and said to Adam " I want you to apologize to Miya".

Adam said "no". " then I will make you apologize with this" reki said as he held up his skateboard. Adam laughed and said "hmm sure but first Miya must race Y/n.

Miya and you looked at each other in surprise.

" fine". It was settled, tomorrow you would race Miya, to be honest, this is what you have been waiting for, for a chance to show Miya how strong you have become. You wanted to prove your strength to him.

But just when you thought that it was hard enough Adam said "and, if Reki loses I get to vs the rookie AND the winner between y/n and Miya, and if he wins ill apologies to Miya ."

Everyone stood there in shock.