𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔- 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬.

(Y/n pov)

"You look depressed,what's up?" Ani said sitting next to my while we watch tv. I invited her over for a sleep over. Me and her have gotten close.

Sometimes I do get a slight bit jealous but I never let it ruin our friendship. "Be kinda weird if I told you to be honest.." I replied.

"Look,I know it's about Miya and you, you two are definitely off sync" I nodded. Ani looked me in the eyes. "Does Miya..like me?" She said awkwardly. I replied a bit surprised "yeah,how did u guess?"

(Ani's pov)

"It was simple, he's a bit awkward around me" y/n sighed, she seemed sad but had a smile anyways. "Just don't break his heart I guess, uh..you know if you like him back..."

The last part sounded so sad. She really was trying to be the best best friend for him. Even with the feelings she has for him that she refuses to admit to me.

(Y/n pov)

I added "you two seem to get along, and have a lot in common, you both make a good match you know, and it looks like you care about him" That I knew was true. Me and Miya just don't have that click recently. "Yes he's cute, and I do care about him-"

that kinda hurt, now I knew what was coming. "But the problem is he is not a she" I knew it- wait what. I looked at her stunned. "Excuse me" I replied confused.

"Miya and I would be a good match...if he was a girl." It clicked it my head. I sighed in relief. "Oh my,I'm so dumb". She laughed and replied "oh no it's ok, I was wondering why it took you so long to figure it out".

She and I just sat there laughing before continuing this conversation. " You know y/n.. I had a crush on you first, but then I saw how you looked at Miya, straight away I knew I didn't have a chance" I looked at her slightly blushing.

"Y/n, you and Miya have something special, you should take the opportunity before it's to late" those were true words but I knew I wasn't cut out for that.

"I see, thank you Ani" the rest of the sleep over continued like normal. We had fun but I was still sad over Miya. He seems mad at me , but it's finally time I talk to him. My heart can't stand this no longer.

(Miyas pov)

She's avoided me for a week. This is so dumb. Why can't she just speak to me? Why avoid me out of no where. I was angry. She approached me

"Miya we need to talk" she said. Oh so now she wants to talk, after everything. I replied with an emotionless "sorry I'm busy" she then put her arm in front of me from stopping me from walking.

"Please Miya..." I couldn't resist, so I agreed and we walked to the back of the school. The rain was starting to pour so I said "make it quick".

(Y/n pov)

Hes being so cold. I made him really angry and the thought of him ending this friendship rushed through my head. Was I overreacting? " Miya I..im sorry it just that-" he cut me off

"no I don't want to hear it, honestly y/n these past weeks you have been treating me awfully, like you don't care. You have been so cold to me"

it lowkey angered me, he was doing the same thing "but you also are doing that, oh and by the way the reason I've been doing this all is because you started acting weird in the first place"

(Miyas pov)

I've been distance a bit,that's true but that's only because I don't want my feelings for her to grow. No matter the fact I didn't change as much as she did.

I didn't know what to reply,I can't tell her my feelings no matter what. "Y/n..maybe it's time we end this...for real" I said, that sounded logical to me,

it seems that my feelings still caused me to loose the friendship. My heart was on the verge of cracking. Then I saw the tears form in her face,that's when It broke.

Why am I doing this? Because it's true, no matter how hard we try there's always going to be some problem. That's not normal for best friend's. Maybe we're not suppose to be best friends.

I'm breaking my promise, but I think it's for the best, I don't want to hurt her anymore.

(Y/n pov)

I couldn't believe what I heard,my eyes widened as the tears started to fall in sync with the rain no matter how hard I tried to hold it. Hes doing this again.

"Miya..no we..we can work this out..please-" he cut me off "we've always been trying so hard to work this out..maybe it's not meant to be, so I'm sorry y/n, but this is goodbye" he's feelings unreadable. My heart breaking every second that goes past.

I couldn't say anything. He walked away leaving me in the rain. The tears not stopping. I wanted to say don't go. Why couldn't I? Oh right, this pain. I told myself I don't care but it felt like I was dying. Don't go, don't leave again, please...

I love you.