𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖: 𝐉𝐢𝐧𝐱

Exams weren't easy; let's just say I'm not the smartest. In the room, I've also noticed I've been picking up a bit of weight. Ani says I'm overreacting, but she doesn't understand what I see in the mirror. Mom has always been controlling, trying to shape me into what she wants me to become, so when she saw my grades, she was furious.

I've made the choice to start eating less, almost starving myself. not a wise idea since I have fainted many times. Mom was very worried, but what pushed her was when she saw me faint again and soon realized I had not eaten in almost 2 days.

"Y/N, you're making yourself sick!" I looked at her with tears in my eyes. I'm not sure what I was crying about. "Why are you doing this to yourself!?" I wondered. I've always had problems with my grades, my skateboarding, and even sometimes my family, but why is the impact so strong now? What is the cause of Miya? Was he my distraction from it all? When did I become so conscious of my body? And why did I choose to starve myself instead of working out?

All these questions flooded my mind, but the worst part was seeing my mother crying. She was worried. We may not have the perfect relationship, but she loves me a lot. She was worried about me and about what I've become. I didn't want her to be in pain; in such pain, I could see her heart breaking through her eyes. But if only she knew, I couldn't control it. I apologized to her, and from that day on, I tried to eat more.

Miya taught me to always fulfill your duties. The only way to fulfill my duty as a daughter was to eat so I could get back in shape and work hard. It's amazing how much my love for Miya has impacted me. Even though I was getting better, there was still a void, one that could only be filled by him.

Time skips: two months~

Saturday Ani, Miya, and I hung out. We watched a movie at the cinema and went out for lunch; it was a great day. I ate a full meal; I had completed a week of eating three full meals each day, and I was proud of myself. Miya and Ani knew about my situation and helped me get through it. So this lunch was a celebration for me in a way. I felt truly happy. Miya and I may never get the bond we had back, but I was happy that I had at least something left.

Ani pov:

It felt like the good old days; for the first time, Miya and Y/N didn't look like divorced parents. Hope filled my heart-maybe they were making a comeback? Let me not hope for too much; I could face disappointment. However, the moment was interrupted by a phone call. At that moment, everything changed.

Miya pov:

She's so beautiful, I thought as she laughed until she was interrupted by a call. Her expression changed drastically. "My mother..she.." she said, struggling to form a sentence. I knew something had happened, so we all quicky left and got on our skateboards. Y/N led us to the hospital.

Y/n pov

Arriving at the hospital, I rushed to see my mom, my heart racing. My friends weren't allowed beyond a certain point. I rushed into her room and looked at her. She smiled at me gently. I teared up. "I thought something fatal," I said, but then my mom stopped me and said she's fine. The nurse explained that she had suffered a seizure, the reason unknown. I was so relieved that she was OK.

Next day ~

Miya pov:

I have to check up on her. I was worried about her. Yesterday was a hectic day. I knocked on the door, and she opened it slowly. "Hey, can I come in?" She looked a bit surprised to see me.

Y/n pov 
I said, "Sure." My mom allowed us to go to my room and hang out. He asked me if I was ok, and I could see he cared about me a lot. I underestimated him. I always thought he didn't care that much, but he proved me wrong. We spent the afternoon gaming. It was the first genuine fun I have had in a long time. 

Miyas pov:
I looked at her and teased her for beating her. She punched me, and we started throwing pillows at each other. God, I love this girl. She was the one. She hit me with the pillow and clumsily ended up falling on me. She got up, but now we were really close. Face to face She looked me in the eyes, and for a moment, everything went silent.

Y/n pov 
His green eyes were captivating. It made me forget all the pain I had endured. I knew what we both wanted at that moment. I felt his hands grab my waist as he pulled me in closer, and soon I felt his soft lips on mine. I closed my eyes and ran my hands in his soft hair. I felt as if nothing existed anymore; it was just me and him. 15-year-old me, experiencing my first kiss. It felt like something I wanted forever. It made me realize just how much I wanted Miya.