𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞!

"Man this really takes me back," Miya said in a soft tone as he approached you.

After all, this is the park you guys first met in.

"Oh um hi," you said awkwardly. You and Miya haven't talked for a long time.

"Since we're gonna go up against each other why don't we practice together", he suggested.

Both of you spent the entire afternoon practicing, the awkwardness faded and it felt like the good old days, it was the most fun you had in 2 years.

"This was fun," you said to Miya. "Yes, but I have a favor, today I want you to lose the race," he said in a sad tone.

"Huh but why!?", you said angrily. " I don't want you to vs Adam, he's too dangerous," he said frustrated.

You looked at him with more anger "so what, you think I can't do it!" you exclaimed.

He then shouted, "I'm doing this because I care about you!, yeah sure I messed up in the past, I acted like I didn't care but I really do and that's why I won't let you go up against him!".

He blushed a bit after thinking about what he just said. You blushed a bit but then said " if you want me to lose then go all out on me and win fair in square " you replied

After that you walked away.

You didn't understand what he was saying but in your heart you felt he was underestimating you, you didn't need him to protect you anymore, you wanted to prove to him how strong you have become.

As a kid Miya always protected you, when you got bullied he would always stand up for you, it made you feel weak and that's why you wanted to become stronger.

~Timeskip to the race~

Everyone was excited to see the race, lightning vs Miya, both of you are really good so it really is anyone's game.

You looked at Miya before the countdown began."I will win" is what you thought to yourself.

GO

The race began and you were in the lead, the both of you were really close, Miya took a shortcut by using his rail slide trick.

He was in the lead. Both of you continued trying to get ahead of each other but it was hard to stay in the lead, you made a huge laser flip once you got on the hugest ramp of the course.

Soon a sudden pain was felt as you landed.

Your right leg had a huge wound from the landing, this caused your balance to be thrown off.

You switched legs to use your left foot to control better. Your right leg was still in pain but it was bearable now.

Miya pov:

She's in pain from that landing.

If I go faster she will try harder and put more strain on her leg, but if I slow down she might win, what do I do? I can't let her win that's for sure.

You both were approaching the end.

Miya suddenly took the lead. There was only one way for you to come back.

You attempted the laser flip from the top of the staircase. Miya stopped and looked at you in the air with his eyes glowing.

It was like he saw a completely different person.

You crossed the finishing line.
You won

Miya pov:
She really has changed, she did become stronger, she beat me with an injured leg, all to prove to me she's stronger but this feeling after seeing her is strange, why is my heart racing?

Your pov:
"I did it, I actually did it " you shouted happily but before you knew it you fell, both of your legs were in pain, more specifically your ankles.

"Y/N are you ok!" Miya rushed to you in alarm.

"Did you see what I did Miya?" You asked ignoring his question and smiling.

"Yes I did, you really have changed".

He said with a soft smile " but you shouldn't have gone that far.." He said in a sad voice.

Reki rushed towards you "oh my gosh y/n!!" Reki said worriedly.

"I'm fine Reki!" You said trying to calm him down.

You tried to stand but flinched in the sudden pain. "I think I can't walk," you said.

"Oh no," Reki screamed. "Come on ill take you home," Miya said as he signaled for you to get onto his back.

"Y/n are you sure you want to go with this guy?" Reki asked. "Yes I'll be fine" you responded.

Miya pov:

When we were younger I would carry her home like this when she got hurt but now it's different, maybe it's because we haven't seen each other in a long time...but why do I feel this way when I'm with her.

Your pov:

You could tell Miya was in deep thought, it was awkward and you felt different from other times he had carried you home on his back.

He then broke the silence. "I never got to apologize for what I did back then, for leaving you, I was convinced I didn't need friends so I pushed you away, I am sorry for all the pain I caused you... it's fine if you don't forgive me, honestly, I wouldn't either."

He said sadly. You haven't ever seen Miya like this, his soft side was rarely shown. You flicked him on his head. "What was that for!?" He said.

"You idiot, I'll always forgive you... you're important to me.." You replied and said the last part quietly.

In embarrassment, you put your head down on his shoulder. He smiled softly.

You both reached your house and everyone was asleep, your bedroom window was opened and you snuck in. "Thank you for taking me home Miya, I owe you big time".

You said. He replied cheerfully"anytime y/n". He then left and went home.

You bandaged your wounds and went to sleep. You were very happy.

Miya pov:

Now y/n will vs Adam if Reki loses, I really hope that doesn't happen, I don't want to see her get hurt.