13

We spent sometime wandering around the city, familiarizing ourselves with the area we would be staying in. It really was beautiful. The brick buildings and tall lamp posts, it was like something out of a book. 

Eventually Schlatt started complaining about food.

"Look im just saying trail mix doesn't fill me up. I could really go for a double cheeseburger right now." He groaned.

"God americans," Wilbur teased. " Look this restaurant looks good . Lets just try it out." 

He pointed to a bustling little place on the corner. 

"I dunno it looks cramped." I added.

"Look i am literally starving so lets go," Schlatt quipped headed towards it.

"Whatever." I mumbled following the group.

~

TW: Eating disorder and calories

The restaurant was in fact very busy but just my luck, they had a four person table open. The kind hostess sat us and placed down menus.

I quickly scanned over it looking for something i could maybe pick on. The menu seemed pretty diverse so i hoped they would have anything i liked.

Pasta? 220 calories in one cup. I mean it couldn't hurt? I really hadn't eaten much today so it would be ok i reassured myself.

~

We had just placed our orders. Niki and I quickly starting talking about whatever came to mind.

"Sometime i just cant get the strumming pattern down and its so frustrating." I confided. 

"I KNOW! it really just ruins your motivation." She added.

"What your favorite song to play on guitar?"

"Well i've written a few songs so probably those." 

"Wait that's really cool. I really want to try writing my own but im still kinda a beginner." I laughed.  "When we get back to the airbnb your going to have to play me them."

"Alright, their not the best though."

"I bet they are." I smiled. While Niki took a sip of her drink i looked over to see Schlatt and Wilbur...arguing? Wilburs hands were flying around, probably trying to explain something to the very smug looking Schlatt. I just laughed, happy that they were together again. I was about to ask them what they were talking about but the waiter came over and started dealing out the food.

I was nervous that they might notice something. But i don't really fidget or panic around food. I just feel really guilty after i eat. I didn't realize but i must've zoned out a bit.

"Yo Ida. Earth to idaaaa." Schlatt said. I snapped out of it.

"Hmmm?"

" You excited for Christmas? Were all thinking about getting together again to celebrate the holidays."

"I mean christmas is still like...a month away but im down!"