Something Wrong

"Something is wrong with Harry."

Zayn stopped walking. "What? Nothing is wrong with Harry what are you talking about?"

I shook my head, "No Zayn, something is wrong. I just know it."

I could tell Zayn didn't believe me. He did that thing where he scrunches his eyebrows together in an effort to not roll his eyes. But I was serious and he could see that because he pulled me back into the coffeeshop we had just exited. 

"You couldn't have brought this up earlier? Instead it's 'No Zayn there's nothing wrong me and Harry are great! Tell me about your relationship, I'll just wait until you've had your cup and are ready to go home to said boyfriend'" He muttered under his breath as we sat back down at our previous table.

I rolled my eyes. He could be so dramatic.

"I didn't want to trouble you," I shrugged.

"And what changed your mind?"

"Hearing you drone on about Liam for nearly an hour."

Zayn huffed, he had passed the point of blushing about being caught for ranting about his boyfriend. It had been two years since they started going out and a year before that of constant gushing. I had learned to just tune him out from time to time.

"Anyway, back to Harry," Zayn directed me, "you were saying that something was wrong with the kid?"

I nodded vigorously. Something was really wrong. 

"He's been avoiding me-"

"The horror!" Zayn patronized.

I glared at him, of course he wouldn't take me seriously. He never did when it came to Harry. 

"I'm serious Zayn!" I snapped, "he went on vacation right."

"Yeah wasn't it with his family?"

"Yes, why does that matter."

Zayn gave a blank stare, "well he's not out to mummy or daddy yet right? It's probably something to do with that."

I gritted my teeth. "Really? That's so fucking vague Zayn, you're not even listening to me!"

I could see guilt form in his eyes. Good. 

"As I was saying," I huffed, "Harry went on vacation and at first everything was fine. We were on facetime every night and texting whenever we could." I smiled fondly remembering Harry's excitement when he learned german jokes and recited what I assume was every one that he had learned. 

"I really don't know any german Harry"

"That's okay that's okay, I'll explain them they are so funny Lou I gotta tell you," he was pleading me and I knew he was pouting. I could basically hear it on the other line. 

I wanted to tell him that jokes weren't funny when you had to explain them but I didn't think it would matter. 

"Alright go ahead Harry."

"Ok Ok. Was macht man mit einem Hund ohne Beine?"

Harry paused, I assumed the question was over even though I didn't understand any of it. Harry was giggling badly in the background.

"Um...What?"

 "Um die Häuser ziehen." Then He burst out laughing and I couldn't help but smile. 

"Harry You know I don't know anything you just said love." I shook my head, "I'm sure it's hilarious though."

"Oh Louis, it's funny, it's so funny because 'Um die Häuser ziehen.' literally means to pull around the houses but its als an expression for being out on the town and-"