Chapter One

"Cut! Now that is a wrap, guys! We'll proceed with the next sequences as planned, tomorrow. Get home safely!" Singto stood up from his chair, and walked towards the actors, thanking them for a job well done today. Around the set, he wai-ed at everyone, from the cameramen to the make-up artists. They, in return, smiled at him and also thanked him for the hard work.

"Sir Singto, your father is calling," His assistant, Jane, handed him the phone.

"Thank you, P'Jane," Singto replied, putting the phone to his ear, "Hello, Por?"

There was a shuffle in the background, "Son! How are you? I've been calling for a while now."

"I'm sorry, Por. I was in the middle of taping. What made you call?" He stuck his phone between his ear and his shoulder, as he grabbed the script binders from the scriptwriter, silently thanking her.

"I was thinking, why don't you still have a partner yet? You're already 26!" His father exclaimed, worry evident in his voice.

"Por, I'm still young. I can get married, I just haven't found the right one yet."

"Then when will you find the right one?"

Singto was glancing at the magazines included in the stack, putting each one down, he stopped at one particular cover. It was the latest issue of HUB Magazine, with the most famous actor in the entertainment industry staring into his eyes.

"Hm?"

"I said, when will you find the right person?"

Singto let out a sigh, "I will find them." His hand, brushing over the cover, as his eyes flickered over the mesmerizing visual in front of him.

Jane was signaling him that he will go home first, which Singto returned with a nod, waving.

"I've been talking to my colleagues, and I can arrange you to meet someone. They told me lots of good stories about them," his father sounded suspicious from Singto's perspective.

Suddenly, the magazine he was absentmindedly holding onto was snatched from him, as he has noticed that the janitors were now starting to clean up, and they were told to collect all the papers.

"Hm, you know what? I'm okay with that. I'll meet them," he held his phone again to his ear, his shoulders relaxing, as both of his hands were free now.

"Really? Okay, Singto. I'll arrange for you to meet them," his father replied, seemingly having his mood flipped as he sounded ecstatic from his reply.

Ending the call, the director sighed. He questioned himself on why he agreed to this. But he figured, it was about time, and he also didn't want to make his father worry. Standing up from the stool, he walked out of the room and proceeded to the parking lot, heading home to his apartment.

_____________________

"Krist, that was great!" exclaimed by the film's director. He smiled at him, thanking for the compliment.

"Thank you, P'Aof. That was the last take, right?" He asked, looking around as the assistant director started to pack up their things.

"Yes, Krist. Because of your great skills, we only had to do a single take for this scene," Aof grinned, clearly proud of his lead actor.

"Oh, I'm not that great," he denied, bashfully.

The director shook his head, refuting his statement. Krist saw his manager, P'Boy waiting for him, with his phone being waved.

"Krist, your parents told me they'll meet you at the restaurant. They want to have dinner with you," his manager said, giving him his phone and his clothes to change into.