Chapter 1

It was Monday morning and I was getting ready for school. I had stayed over at my best friends house(Susan Gardener), me and Susan has been friends for a couple of years and we were inseparable. We met when we just started high school and it was the best. Her father had just been promoted to principal(which, in my opinion, wasn't the brightest idea). Susan had a mother but ever since she cheated on Nathan, Susan never mentioned her again.

I put on a grey t-shirt, black ripped jeans and white air forces. I don't always wear makeup but I do here and there, I decided to wear my hair done today as well.

I was starting to get hungry, so I headed down stairs; Susan wasn't up yet, well it was 7:30am and class don't start until 9:30am. I closed the door as quietly as I could and made my way down stairs. Too be honest it was a nice house and it had a lot of room.

I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and pored cereal as well as milk into it. I sat on the counter and turned on the tv, it was quiet and peaceful.

Time passed slowly and I heard footsteps approaching the kitchen. I furrowed my brows and placed another spoonful of cereal into my mouth," Morning Cadie." I turned head to see Nathan standing in the doorway with a smirk on his face." Morning," he smiles at me and headed towards the kettle.

I got up and went over to the sink placing my bowl inside, and turning on the hot water. I look over to my right to see Nathan looking back at me, we both turn away and smile." Ready for another day of learning?" Nathan asks taking a sip of his coffee." You have no idea." I said sarcastically, which earned a chuckle off Nathan." You ready for another day of work?" I ask, folding my arms in front of my chest." I guess." I nod.

A couple minutes pass of silence until Nathan spoke," Do you think I made a bad decision?" I look at Nathan, who is looking out the window." Doing what?" He turned his head towards me,"Taking this job. I mean was it too early for switching places?" I think about it for a moment before answering." Honestly. I prefer you as a History teacher, but if you think your doing the right thing then go with what your heart tells you." He smiles lightly." You always know what to say." I blush.

We stare at each other before I break the eye contact. I hear Nathan take a breath before speaking," Why are you up so early? I usually have to come and get you and Susan up." I roll my eyes, which gets a laugh from Nathan." I don't know, felt like a change." He smirks and finishes his coffee, I move out of the way letting him get to the sink.

*Time jump*

Susan has finally woken up and we both were getting ready to leave. Nathan was up in his office getting ready for work. Susan put her shoes on and goes towards the door," Shit! Hold on, I need to go and get my bag." Susan nods as you run up the stairs. I walk into Susan's room and still can't find it. I let out a groan and go to Nathan's office, I knock on the door and walk in. I see Nathan standing up getting ready to leave.

"Do you know where my bag is? I can't find it." He smirks," Hello to you too." He says as he holds up my bag. I let out a breath of relief and take the bag from him," Thanks." I kiss his cheek and go towards the door.

*At school*

I had finished 4th period and I was sitting in the student lounge with Susan and a few of my other friends. We were all smoking and gossiping about none sense." Guys, I gotta go do something. I'll see y'all in class." I say before standing up. I flick the cigarette away and go to the drama studio, this was my place of peace and it was the only place I could get time alone.

I sat down in one of the seats and relaxed into the chair, closing my eyes. I feel in love with the theatre because of my mother, she was an actress and she made it on Broadway. Due to this, she had to move away and I was left with my father. He wasn't bad but he did drink a lot, meaning he didn't take notice of me half the time.