Chapter 3

*The next day*

I was down stairs eating a bowl of cereal and watching tv. No one else was up yet(I think) due to it being 7:30am, I know it's early but I thought I could do a with a change. I placed another spoonful of frosted snow flakes in my both before I heard loud footsteps come from the hallway. I placed my bowl down and turned off the tv," Hey." I heard Nathan say. I turned and saw him standing in the hall way, he had his sleeves rolled down and his hair wasn't as perfect as most days." Hi." I picked up the bowl again and turned the tv back on.

He had obviously been drinking, which I hated. "What's up?" He asked folding his arms in front of his chest." Nothing." I said simply," Cadie, if something's up you can tell me."
"How can I, when all you do is drink. I can't even get a decent conversation out of you anymore, because all your doing is drowning everyone out!" I placed my bowl on the table and turned off the tv," What does it matter if I drink? It's my problem, so you don't need to butt in!"
"Do you even ask how Susan is anymore? Do you not see the face of disappointment when she sees you in your office drinking!"

"If something was up she would tell me!-"
"No she wouldn't! She keeps most things from you because all you do is over react or argue with her!" I said standing up," Why am I even listening to this?!"
"Tell me one thing you know about Susan...And I'll drop it."
"Easy, her favourite colour is red and she's always wanted a Porsche."
"Wrong, her favourite colour is a mix between pink and black, and she's always wanted a Mercedes." He looked down in anger and disappointment.

Little did we know that Susan has heard us shouting and listened to our whole convocation," Guys?" She was standing behind Nathan who didn't turn around," Yeah." I barged past Nathan and walked up stairs, he gave Susan a sad look before going into the kitchen. Susan sighed before going to check on me," Cadie?" She knocked on the door before walking in. I was sitting on her bed with my back to her, I was trying not to cry meaning I was sniffing a lot." What was that about?"
"I'm fed up of him drinking all the time. He doesn't even acknowledge you which makes me even more mad-"
"Hey, it's fine." Susan said placing an arm on my shoulder," No it's not. I know I shouldn't have shouted at him but he got to me." I sit up and hold a pillow to my chest as a tear fell from my eye." I know, it's ok."

We talked for a little bit until there was a knock at her door, Nathan opened the door." Can I speak to Cadie, alone?" Susan looked at me before I nodded. She walked out of the room and closed the door behind her, Nathan sat down at the end of her bed while i was still holding a pillow to my chest." I'm sorry." He said, while looking at me. I avoided eye contact and didn't answer him," I- Ive tried to stop, you know how hard I've tried to give up drinking but ever since Susan's mother and stuff I haven't been able to cope... You know I tried to get help, because your the person who made me go. I swear to you that I am trying and I'm sorry if I made you sad or, or mad by not listening to you." I finally look at him and give him a fate smile, he smiles back at me before I spoke up." It's fine, I shouldn't have shouted at you. I was stressed and tired."
"It's ok."

I let out a breath and hugged him tight, I was now sitting on his lap. He holds me close to him and wraps his arms around me. I have my head on his shoulder and my arms wrapped around his neck, while he has his head snuggled into my neck and his arms connected around my back. He smells amazing. We pull away after a while and stare into each other eyes, I still had my arms around his neck and his hands were now on my hips. I got to take a good look at him. He had stubble around his pink lips, he had the most amazing eyes and adorable hair. I saw him scanning my face, he started from my lips and then to my eyes. I saw his eyes flicker to my lips before he wiped a strand of hair out of my face.

We stayed like this until there was a knock at the door," Have you guys kissed and made up yet? I'm not getting any younger out here." I turned my head to the door and then back to Nathan, he hadn't taken his eyes off me." Thanks." I whispered before kissing his cheek and going out to Susan," Finally." Susan said smiling," Whatever." I take one last look at Nathan, who seemed sad and disappointed. He had his head now resting on the back of the wall and he was looking at the wall in front of him." Cadie?" Susan said making me turn around," Yeah?"
"Are you ok?"
"What? Oh yeah, I'm fine." I said before walking down stairs.