Chapter 8

*Cadie's POV*

I woke up to an empty room. I rubbed my eyes before sitting up, I looked around the room and realised that I was in Nathan's room. I furrowed my brows before getting out of bed and leaving the room. I got to Susan's room and slowly opened the door, she was still asleep. I closed the door and went down stairs, I headed into the kitchen and saw Nathan drinking a cup of coffee." Morning." I said making him jump. He smiled and said," Morning. How did you sleep?"
"Good thanks... Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah."
"What happened last night?"
"Well, you fell asleep on me and I took you upstairs. I let you take my room and you fell back to sleep." I nod," Then where did you sleep." It looked like he was having a battle with himself," W-with you."
"Oh ok." I said calmly." Wait, your not mad?"
"Why would I be?"
"I-...it doesn't matter." He said raising the mug back up to his lips and finishing his coffee." How long have you been up?"
"Not long."

I walk into the living room to see it clean and tidy, I sit down on the sofa and turn on the tv. Nathan made us some pancakes and Susan woke up," Oh, sleeping beauty's up." I said taking a sip from my water," Hilarious." Susan said heading over to the sink and getting a glass of water." What are you two doing?" Susan said pointing between Nathan and me." Eating, duh." Nathan said having a bit of his pancakes. I nod with a mouthful of food." Did you not make me any?"
"Their in the microwave." Nathan said pointing to the machine.

We had finished our food and me and Susan were sitting in her room talking, when she got a call off Charlie." Hey...Yeah. That would be perfect, why don't you come over now...Yeah we can go over there...Ok, love you bye." She put her phone on the bed and stood up." Where are you going?" I asked looking at her," Charlie's coming over, he's got me the gum I asked for."
"Oh yeah."
"Ok, I might need another favour."
"What is it?"
"Dad can't see Charlie, so I was wondering if you could stall him. Please." I knew I was going to loose this battle so I just agreed. We waited for Charlie down stairs and he soon arrived, he beeped the horn Which made me and Susan worry." Go." She said referring to stalling to Nathan. I ran up stairs and reached his office, I didn't bother to knock instead I just walked in. I saw him standing, looking through the blinds, he had a glass of whiskey sitting on his desk." Shit." I said to myself.

*Third person POV*

Nathan was still looking out of the window. Outside, a car parked and out of it came Charlie holding a white paper bag. Nathan was sure were drugs. And when Susan walked towards him, he was her kissing Charlie, and more importantly, where Charlie was keeping his hand. That was his breaking point.

He took off his glasses and threw them on the ground furiously, then turned around and walked past you." Nathan." You said, threatening, and grabbed his arm. He shrugged it off and broke into a run towards the drive way." Hey!" Nathan yelled and jumped over the steps of his house, walking rapidly towards Susan and Charlie.

"What did he just give you?!" He asked pointing to the bag." What?" Susan asked confused." Let's just not-" Charlie began, but Nathan cut him off." Shut it! I'm talking to my daughter! What is in that pharmacy bag?" Nathan asked, you leaned on the doors frame and crossed your arms over your chest, watching the scene.

"None of our business." Susan scoffed," Susan," Charlie took the bag from Susan, trying to show Nathan what was inside." I don't need assistance from you handling my daughter, do you understand? Try say one more word and see what happens!" Nathan threatened looking at Charlie." Come on, you really think I don't know what's in the bag?" He asked, looking at Susan.

Charlie looked at you, practically asking for help. But you shrugged and shook our head, there was nothing you could do.

"Yeah, I really don't think you know what's in the bag," Susan said, and she and Charlie began walking to the car." Where were you going? Your not going anywhere!" Nathan said," Whatever." Susan scoffed again.