Chapter 5

*Cadie's POV*

I slowly opened my eyes and felt strong arms around me, I could smell rich cologne but I couldn't make out who's. I moved my head up so I could see the person and it was Nathan. He had his head on the back of the chair and he was facing the inside of the couch, he had the most adorable bed hair which made him look cute. I took my phone off the table, carefully, and checked the time. It was 7am, I wasn't sure if I should wake Nathan up or just go back to sleep. I laid my head back on his chest and wrapped my arms around him, I wasn't tired but I couldn't be bothered to get up yet. I felt Nathan tighten his grip around me making me feel more secure, I kissed his chest before closing my eyes.

*A few minutes later*

I was awoken by something moving me. I opened my eyes and saw Nathan wriggling beneath me, slowly moved up and rested my back against the back of the chair and rubbed my eyes." Oh, morning." Nathan said looking up to me. I yawned before speaking," Morning." He smiled and stared at me," What?" I asked looking down at him," Nothing."
"What day is it today?" I asked still looking down at him." Uh, I think, Thursday." I widen my eyes before leaning my head against the back of the chair." Wow, that went quick." Nathan chuckled.

We talked for a little bit before getting up, I climbed off Nathan and stretched. I saw Nathan folding the blanket and placing it on the back of the couch. I yawned before going into the kitchen, I placed two pieces of bread into the toaster and waited patiently." Is Susan up?" Nathan asked following me," Don't think so." He shook his head," Lazy."
"And where do you think she got it from." I smirked, making Nathan roll his eyes." Actually I am up. I just didn't want to ruin the moment between you two." Susan said moving into the kitchen. I furrowed my brows," What moment?" Susan laughed and smirked,
"Let me show you." She took out her phone and shown me pictures of me and Nathan hugging outside and cuddling on the couch last night. Nathan walked over and saw the pictures," Why were you spying on us? And, there wasn't any moment."
"Oh don't play fool with me, there very much was and is a moment between you two." Susan said putting her phone back in her pocket." Don't be so absurd." I said putting butter onto my toast.

Nathan hadn't said a word sine Susan shown us the photos, he seemed disappointed about something but I wasn't sure what about." Whatever." I said bitting into my toast, Susan took the other slice and biten into it. I rolled my eyes and let her have it. Nathan made a coffee before going up stairs, without saying a word. Me and Susan looked at each other before shrugging it off. I finished my food and went to go and changed, I put on some grey leggings and a black t-shirt with black shoes. I added a little bit of make up and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I was making my down stairs when I heard a bang come from Nathan's office. I furrowed my brows before walking towards the room, I knocked on the door but didn't get a reply." Nathan?" Still nothing. I opened the door and saw Nathan sitting in his office chair with his head in his hands, I turned to the wall which had glass all around it. He must have threw a bottle at it. I walked towards him and I could hear him whimpering and sniffing tears away." Nathan?" I put my hand on his shoulder making him jump a little. He wiped his eyes before looking at me, more tears formed into his eyes. I gave him a worried look," what's wrong." He didn't answer, he only looked down at his thumbs.

I turned his chair to face me and hugged him. He was shocked at first but soon gave into the hug, I had my head on his shoulder while his head was snuggled into my neck. I could hear him crying quietly which broke my heart, I've never seen him crying before and I hated it. After a while we pulled away and he had red stained cheeks," Ok. Now, tell me what's going on." I said looking at him," I-it's nothing, really."
"Well, if it's nothing, why are you crying?" He shook his head and looked back down. I put my hands on either side of his face making him look at me," Please, just tell me."
"I- I was just thinking about stuff, I'm fine now." I knew he wasn't going to tell me anything so I nodded.