Chapter 9

*Later that night*
*Nathan's POV*

I was sitting in a cafe with the school superintendent. I had just told him about what Charlie had done and now he is telling me to press charges," So, Charlie Bartlett assaulted you. Well now it's up to you, do you want to press charges or not?" Superintendent asked me. I looked down at my food and thought about it. If I did do it then I loose Cadie and Susan, but if I don't then I don't get either of them back. I look back at the superintendent and say...

*Cadie, Charlie and Susan at school*
*Cadies POV*

Me, Susan and Charlie walked across the school's football field and saw groups of classmates gathered around the student lounge." So why are you doing this anyway?" I asked, looking at Charlie." You'll find out in a minute." He said looking ahead.

"Now we're gonna get these cameras out of the lounge . We're gonna figure this out tonight. Hey, look who it is everybody." Henry said down a megaphone, everyone began cheering as Charlie walked down the crowd and walked on the stage where Henry was." Charlie! Charlie! Charlie!" Everyone cheered as Charlie took the megaphone from Henry. Me and Susan stayed with Murphy and I saw Susan smile as Charlie looked down at her before speaking," How y'all doing tonight?" The students went wild which made Charlie smile nervously. I still have no idea why he's held this gathering but it must of been important." My name is Charlie Bartlett...If there's one thing I want you guys to walk away with tonight." He looks at me and Susan before carrying on," Uh, it's that you don't need me. I really mean it. You think I'm any less screwed up than you are? I get up every morning, and I look in he mirror and I try and figure out, just where I fit in. And I draw a complete blank. Any you guys are asking me for advice, you need to stop listing to me."

We all hear sirens come from behind us which makes everyone turn around. I look at Susan who looks back at me, she turns to Charlie and signals for him to come over. I carry on looking at the car and soon realise it's Nathan's car. Both Nathan and the Superintendent step out of the car as well as two police men. The police men walk up to Charlie and put handcuffs on him," Your under arrest for assault." Susan comes up to me with fear in her eyes," Can I borrow your car? I'm gonna follow Charlie down to the station." I smile reassuringly and hand her my keys . She walks away and I can hear the engine start in the distance.

I see Nathan carry a megaphone and stop in front of his car, the police escort Charlie to the police and I follow." Charlie?" I said as He gives me a smile before Nathan starts to speak," Okay, party's over. I want you all out of here now! Have I made myself abundantly clear?"
"We want to know what's gonna happen to Charlie." Henry said, making everyone cheer." I'd be more worried about yourself. Thanks to him, the class of '83 student lounge is now the Charlie Bartlett detention centre!"

"Bullshit. Come on!" Everyone burst through the student lounge, breaking everything in sight. While I walk over to the side and look at Nathan, I fold my arms in front of my chest. Nathan looks over to me and we make eye contact. He give me a sympathetic look but I shake my head and look back at the rambles of students in the lounge area.

*Third Person POV*

You looked out to everyone breaking school property and avoided eye contact with Nathan. Nathan sighed before getting into his car, as well as superintendent." Your fired." Superintendent leans over to Nathan, but Nathan only looks at you.* I've lost everything* he thought to himself.

*2 days later, day of the play*
*Cadies POV*

Me and Charlie walked into the student dressing room and saw Susan putting in lipstick," How you feeling?" Charlie asked, looking at Susan." Nervous. But I guess that's just normal."
"We were thinking..." I began, Susan looked at me through the mirror." Maybe your dad should be here." Charlie finished." What?" Susan asked, putting on makeup." He is your father, no matter what. He deserves to be here, right?" I said, looking at Charlie and then Susan." Oh yeah,' hey dad wanna come and sit with a load of people that are really half your gone' huh." She impersonated. Me and Charlie looked at each other and pulled a Why-not face. She sighed before agreeing. Me and Charlie jumped in joy and went out to my car.