Chapter 4

*At Susan's*

"Hey." Susan greater as I walked into the house," Hey." I said as I took off my coat," So, what first?" Susan asked walking ahead of me.
"Food." She nodded and we went into the kitchen," So, what did Charlie want with you?"
"Oh just stuff." She nods and takes a soda out of the fridge." How did you get back home?" I asked eating an apple," I walked."
"I could have given you a lift."
"No, I felt like going on a walk."
"Ok." I took another bite out of the apple until we both heard the front door slam, making us both jump. We heard Nathan take off his coat and then walk upstairs not even acknowledging us," What's his problem?" Susan asked taking out her phone." No idea, I'll be back in a sec." I said going up stairs.

I opened his office door and didn't see him anywhere, "Nathan?" I asked stepping out onto the deck." Nathan?" I said looking at him, he was sitting his chair with a glass of whiskey next to him and a Sailors cap on. He only plays with his boats when he's pissed or mad," What?" He asked not looking at me." A- Are you ok?"
"Why wouldn't I be." He took his glass of alcohol and drank the whole thing." It's just that...never mind." I began to walk away until I heard him say something," Wait." I turned around and saw him standing out of his chair, not looking at me." I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you. I was just having a bad day."
"It's fine, it's what I'm meant to do." He chuckled and looked at me." What are you doing?" I knew the answer I just wanted to keep the convocation going." Oh just, boats." I walked up to him and took of his cap, placing it on my head." Wow, sounds exciting." I said sarcastically, he smiled and kept his eyes on me.

"What?" I asked looking at him, moving the cap up so I can fully look at him." Nothing, I was just enjoying the view." I blushed and looked down at the pool," Hey you know what would be fun." I said looking at the pool and then him. He was standing at the edge of the deck making it perfect for my next move." Hmm, what would that be." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and pushed him into the pool." Ahhh." He said falling into the freezing water." That." I said laughing my head off. He came up to the surface and shook his head getting water out of his ears, he used both hands and pulled his hair back and looked up to me. I was still laughing," Your gonna pay for that!" He said looking at me," oh yeah, what are you gonna do old man!" I ran down stairs and saw him getting out of the pool.

I walked outside and leaned against the doorframe, folding my arms in front of my chest." What did you just call me?" He said standing in front of me," What are you talking about?" I played dumb." You know what I'm talking about." He said taking a few steps towards me." Oh yeah." I said Moving towards him." Yeah" he moved close until we were face to face. I leaned in and whispered into his ear," old man." He smirked before picking me up and throwing me into the pool." I hate you." I said as I came up to the surface." Oh well, guess I'll have to make it up to you." He took a few steps back before Jumping into the pool, making a big splash.

"Hi." I said moved over to him," Hey." He moved closer to me so that we were face to face. I put my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my hips. We stayed like this until I felt like doing something, I moved one hand and played with his hair. He closed his eyes and groaned which made me laugh, I stopped and dunked his head under the water. I was trying to get away until I felt something grab my waist, he was standing behind me with his head on my shoulder. He whispered into my ear," Now that wasn't very nice, was it?" He said in a seductive way. I blushed and turned around to face him." Oh well."  I said while He was smirking and smiling." I'm gonna get out now." I said while I swam away.

I got out of the pool while Nathan followed," Here, I'll get us a towel." He said as he went inside. I turned around and held onto my arms, as I was really cold. I felt someone place a towel around my shoulders so I turned around." Thanks." I said kissing his cheek and walking inside." Do you know where Susan is?" I asked stepping into the kitchen and getting a bottle of water." Hmm, no. I haven't seen her." Nathan said, too distracted by something. I nod and take a sip of the water.

*Time jump*

Susan came back from wherever she went and Nathan wasn't bothered. He was more relaxed and calmer than usual," Nathan?" I asked, we all were sitting down stairs watching a movie. I was in between Susan and Nathan, me and Susan also had a blanket over us." Yeah." He said while putting popcorn into his mouth," Are you sure your feeling alright? Your not yourself." Both Susan and Nathan chuckled," I'm fine, thanks." I nod slowly and turn my attention to the movie. It was an old classic Chaplin, I loved this movie with all my heart.

*Third person POV*

You and Nathan had fallen asleep on the couch cuddling with one and other. You had your head snuggled in Nathan's neck and your arm around his waist, while he had his head resting on yours holding you close. The blanket was spread out on both of youse and you had pillows underneath you. Susan looked down onto both of you and smiled, she always knew you two would make a cute couple just that none of you told each other. She took a photo for memories and turned off the tv, she made a glass of water before going upstairs. Leaving you two together.

Soon after Nathan woke up, he looked down and saw you asleep on his chest. He played with your hair and kissed the top of your head, you moaned quietly and put your head into the crook of his neck. Nathan places his arms around you and rested his head on yours. He felt this sort of feeling whenever he was with you, like sparks would set off whenever he saw you. He had never felt like this to anyone, not even Susan's mom, so he knew you were special. He closed his eyes once again and fell into a peaceful sleep.