𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞)

"Ah!" I yelped as my finger came into contact with the hot stove.

I'm so stupid, it scares me sometimes.
I thought inwardly.

The eggs weren't cooking, so I had went to check if the stove was even hot.

...It was.

I stuck my burned finger in my mouth, tears at the edge of my eyes.

That hurt like a bitch.

Sun rays were streaming through the window on the table side of the kitchen. It felt... nostalgic. Like when my father would cook me and my mother breakfast in the mornings...

I shook my head, shaking away the memory and I noticed the eggs begin to cook, slowly turning white on the outside.

"So NOW you wanna cook?" I growled at them, pulling my throbbing finger out of my mouth.

And, as if they were simply just food and not people, they did not reply.

I sighed and finished cooking them and brought them to my mother's room.
She was already half awake and greeted me with a warm smile as I presented the eggs to her.

"Aww, thank you, Emma." She cooed lovingly. Stands of her blonde hair fell in her face, causing her to blow it away.

I smiled and walked back to my room to get ready for the day.

I had to go to Cobra Kai again today.

I smirked, remembering my decisions to teach 'Sensei' a lesson.

I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some middle aged, privileged blondie push me around and put others down.

I huffed as I put on my black T-shirt and some gray sweatpants. I hadn't gotten a Gi or anything like that, so I had to wear casual clothes to the dojo. I wasn't complaining, though. I used to always have to wear a Gi in my old karate class, and I even had to wear one when I had just started karate with my uncle Daniel.
He was a cool uncle and all, but sometimes he got a bit... carried away. Especially when it came to karate. I had practiced my karate with him from when I was about six up until I was twelve. However, I would occassionally practice with him in his living room whenever I visited him, which was usually at least once a week.

There were a few occasions in which I had managed to put him on the floor, to which I would afterward boast about it the whole night.

I never understood why him and Johnny Lawrence hated eachother. Sure, they had some dislike in highschool, but they're middle-aged men now. It was time to grow up. I could only imagine how Uncle Daniel would react if he found out I was attending Johnny Lawrence's dojo.

I'd never hear the end of it.

I sighed.

"Boys will be boys." I muttered as I threw my hair into a messy ponytail and lightly applied waterproof mascara to my eyelashes. I checked myself with finger-guns in the mirror and kissed my teeth before slipping on my shoes and heading out to the kitchen again.

My mom was sitting at our small kitchen table in front of the window. She looked up at me with mischievous look.

"So, are you ready for your karate class today? I know you just love it there." She teased. I could tell that she didn't believe me last night when I told her I enjoyed it there.

I rolled my eyes with a similar look on my face, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. I took a sip of it before placing it back in it's origibal spot, and then turned to my mom.