Different But Same

I awoke the next morning by the sound of an engine. A loud one.

"What the hell...?" I muttered tiredly as I forced myself to get up. The room was dark still so I opened the curtains up from each side of my bed, allowing the bright morning light to stream into the room. With a grunt, I stretched my legs and got up, leaving my warm comforter and walking to the bathroom out in the hallway. I quickly brushed through my hair and teeth before walking downstairs, not bothering to change out of my pajamas.

I was just reaching the kitchen when I heard a frighteningly familiar voice ring out from the back by the pool. I froze.

"Don't try to play dumb. Son of a bitch gave you up right away... Don't worry. I took care of him and his little biker posse." The voice said irritably.

Oh shit.

"Louie..." I heard Uncle Daniel quietly murmur.

"...Listen, I don't know what happened, but I had nothing to do with it. That was my cousin." My uncle fired back, raising his voice a bit.

The man chuckled.

"Big suprise. All you LaRussos are the same. You're whole family, man. Its rotten to the core." He scoffed.

Wow. Ok. Rude.

My eyes widened even more as I saw Anthony shoot past me to the entrance to the backyard by the kitchen, making himself visible to the two men.

"Kick his ass, Dad!" Anthony cheered.

"Anthony. Just go inside!" Uncle Daniel ordered his son.

"Listen to your dad, kid. You're not gonna want to see this."

Alright. That's enough.

I stepped up to Anthony in the entrance, gently pushing the younger child away in an attempt to shoo him off.

"Go on, Anthony. Don't make me throw you in the pool. Us Larusso's are rotten to the core." I said the last part playfully, but also with a bit of resentment in it.

I turned to lean against the entrance, looking over to the two with an unamused exoression. These were grown ass men. Arguing like toddlers.

Uncle Daniel and Johnny Lawrence.

Johnny's eyes widened when he saw me. He must've been suprised that I was there.

"Emma?" He asked, the slightestbbit of shock in his tone.

I hummed carelessly in reply, tilting my head a bit.

"Uh, look, I didn't mean you-"

"Hey! Hey. I'm gonna ask you nice." My uncle spun back around and said sternly to the Blonde man, cutting off our little word exchange.

"... You get the hell off my property, or I'm calling the police." He ordered.

Anthony was still there beside me, watching in awe.

I furrowed my brows, wondering if Uncle Dan would actually do that or not.

That WOULD be kind of funny...

Johnny looked back to him, his stare hardening once again.

"Oh yeah? You afraid?" He challenged.

"You know, this is ridiculous. Listen-"

My uncle was cut off by Johnny suddenly grabbing his arm and twisting it a bit, spinning my Uncle around.

"You wanna go now?!" Johnny asked fiercely.