Chapter Seven: What Now?

"Oh no," The bluenette said as she started to shake. Panic set in and her eyes darted around the room. Her hands were shaking. Her lips trembled. Her eyes filled with tears.

"No, no you can't know. I'll have to relinquish my miraculous, relinquish Tikki. God, I can't do this!" Marinette exclaimed as hot tears spilled from her eyes. A small red kwamii flew from her bag and pressed itself against her face.

"Marinette, all Ladybugs have let three people know their identity within the first week of being a hero. I'm surprised that you and Chat Noir haven't revealed yourselves to each other," Tikki explained, comforting the crying girl in front of her.

"See? You're doing incredible Mari. I'm so proud of you," Luka said softly, placing his hand on her shoulder. As the salty tears cascaded down her face, Luka's hand was there to wipe them away. He stayed with her until she felt calm enough to leave his embrace.

Marinette's tears slowed to a stop and she soon found herself laughing at Luka's ticklishness. His sides and neck were particularly sensitive and she found this out very quickly. It didn't take long for the two to collapse in both laughter and exhaustion after their little tickle fight.

"You really are an extraordinary girl Marinette," Luka said nonchalantly, while the bluenette's face flushed pink. She new where this was going to go. "As clear as a musical note and sincere as a melody. You're the music that's been playing inside my head since the first day we met," She melted at his words, her heart pounded in her chest.

Marinette smiled at him and gave him a light pat on the knee. He returned the smile and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Her face one again was accompanied by the colour pink.

"You know how I feel about you Marinette. I'm willing to wait until all the music in the world dies out for you. I know you're not fully over Adrien and I know you have duties to fulfil. I just want you to know that I lo-" Luka was cut off by screams and a black figure leaping over buildings.

"I know Luka, thank you for waiting. For now, I gotta go. Tikki, spots on!" She was engulfed in a flash of pink and as Luka opened his eyes, Marinette's outfit was replaced with the spotted, skin tight suit. She through her yo-yo out the window and zipped away into battle.

She swung around the corner and landed beside her blonde partner.

"Nice of you to join M'lady. Say, you look paw-some as always," Chat noir joked. The masked girl just rolled her eyes and got into a balanced fighting stance.

"Gigantitan again? This should be easy," She said as the prepared to throw her yo-yo into the air.

"Lucky charm!" she yelled as the launched her weapon above her head. What dropped into her hands was a giant airhorn. She looked around and almost didn't notice that her bedroom window was highlighted in spots. She instantly knew what she needed to do.

"I'm gonna grab a friend real quick. If I don't use my lucky charm I get the same thing again if it's the same battle. Bug out!" She said as she swung away to the alley behind the bakery.  A flash of pink and she was back to her civilian self.

She ran upstairs to her closet and uncovered the miraculous box. Once she grabbed what she required, she covered the box once more and re-transformed. She ran to the canal and swung into a nearby window, startling the boy in front of her.

"Luka Couffaine, here is the miraculous of the snake which grants the power of second chance. You will use it for the greater good, if you're willing. Can I trust you?" She stated as the held the red encrusted black box out in her right hand. Luka simply nodded and took the box from her.

There was only a quick 'hello' from Sass before he was sucked into the teal bracelet. Where Luka once stood, was now replaced with Viperion. The two ran back into battle and saw Chat Noir running circles around the giant baby. The bluenette threw her yo-yo up again and got the air horn once more. She looked around and Chat Noir, the air horn, Gigantitan and Viperion's lyre were all highlighted in red with black spots.

"Okay, here's the plan. Chat is gonna use the horn to get the big baby's attention. Then, use your lyre to play something to make the little - uh - big guy to fall asleep. Finally I'll use my yo-yo to break the bracelet and de-evilize the akuma, got it?" She asked. Viperion nodded and smiled.

Music was always Luka's strong point and Marinette knew this. He swooned at the thought of her knowing he was the one who could help. The two heroes ran to join their cat-like accomplice before throwing him the air horn.

Chat Noir blared the horn and the giant baby instantly glared at the direction it came from. This enabled Viperion to be able to jump to Gigantitan's shoulder and play soothing melodies on the lyre. It didn't take a whole lot to send August to sleep, which made Ladybug's job a lot easier.

She wrapped her yo-yo around the bracelet about three times before pulling the string and snapping it, before the black and purple butterfly flew out. She spun her yo-yo until it was illuminated and threw it towards the akuma.

"Time to de-evilize!" She yelled as the yo-yo captured the dark insect. She bid the now white butterfly good bye before throwing her lucky charm in the air.

"Pound it!" The three heroes exclaimed as they all bumped fists. Soon enough, Chat Noir's ring beeped along with Ladybug's earrings. Chat Noir ran off and the two remaining heroes went to the same alley as Marinette went into before.

A large flash of light was all that was seen before Marinette and Luka walked out from the alley.