Chapter Thirty-One: Little Oopsie

"She's what?!" Luka exclaimed loudly. Of course he knew how, but she was on the pill! This never should've happened. He was scared, his hands trembling and his palms sweaty. Adrien talked to the doctor, but it was all muffled in Luka's ears as even more panic set in. He loved children, but how would Marinette react?

He was taken out of his trance by Adrien tapping him on the shoulder. He spoke to the blue-haired boy, but it all sounded muffled, as if he was in another room. Luka didn't bother asking what he said, he just wondered what would happen now that Marinette was pregnant. Would he move in there? He didn't know.

"She wants to see you now," Adrien told him, helping him up from the floor. Luka took a deep breath before stepping into the room to see a crying Marinette. He raced over and cradled her in his arms, her sobbing into his chest. She was scared, she knew she wanted kids but didn't realise it would be happening so soon.

She didn't know whether to be happy for terrified. She was going to be a mother! She spent another few minutes crying before wiping her eyes and pulling away from Luka. She smiled faintly at him, her eyes still bloodshot and puffy. Luka returned her smile, stroking her hair and giving her a soft kiss on the forehead.

She got up from the hospital bed, stretching her arms before placing her hands on her stomach. She smiled at her belly, then looked up at Luka. She was happy now that she'd had time to process what was going on. They were going to have a baby!

"So, what do you think Luka?" she asked innocently. Luka was still in shock and didn't know how he felt. Correction, he couldn't pinpoint which emotion he felt more. Fear, happiness, guilt, he didn't exactly know. But alas, he went with his gut and smiled at her. He knew she would rather him tell her how he really felt.

"Well I'm feeling a lot of things, but I'm mainly scared but happy. Does that make sense?" He asked quizzically. Marinette smiled at him before nodding in agreeance with him. She too was scared, but she knew that she would be happy about this as well. The two adults hugged, holding each other closely and enjoying each other's embrace.

"I wanted to wait until a little later but I've already spoken to your parents about it. Would you like me to move in?" Luka questioned, cautious of how the bluenette would respond. Marinette nodded very quickly, grinning from ear to ear. She would love to spend all her time with him. She was overjoyed.

For the next few hours, nurses came in to do observations and mandatory tests. At about 4:30 in the afternoon, the two were finally dismissed from the hospital. It was a few weeks, about a month before Luka was fully moved in, but Marinette's room went through a major makeover to accommodate for the both of them.

The bunk bed was demolished, being changed for a queen sized bed that sat against the wall in the middle of the room. The walls were painted a light grey and the hardwood floors had a black carpet placed overtop. Luka's guitars and amps sat in the corner of the room near the trapdoor where Marinette's desk with mirror once stood.

After a few more minor changes that everybody refused to let Marinette help with, the room was finally fit for both Marinette and Luka. She still had her work desk and monitor so she could work on her designs, but other than that, a lot of the signature pink was demolished.

There was now a ladder leading up to the trapdoor to the balcony instead of the bed, seeing as it had been removed. It wasn't long after they finished the renovations that there was a knock on the balcony trapdoor. Luka opened it, letting a detransforming Adrien into the bedroom.
He looked around in shock for a while before turning to Marinette and Luka.

"This place looks good, what's with the change?" Adrien asked curiously, genuinely wondering why the room had gone through such a transformation.

"Well I kinda live here now and so we wanted it to suit the both of us and still have room for the baby," Luka explained.

"Right! Baby, I forgot," The blonde chuckled, his hand on the back of his neck.

Marinette was now two months along and was just barely gaining a bump. You wouldn't even notice unless someone told you that she was pregnant. She hadn't even told Alya yet, she was that busy with being told she couldn't help with the renovations. She quickly called Alya and demanded that she come over immediately. Surely enough within five minutes she was there.

"Alya I have some really big news. I'm sorry I havent had the chance to tell ypu sooner but... I'm pregnant!" Marinette exclaimed. Alya started cackling until her sides hurt.

"Girl you are never going to believe this, but me too!" The brunette told her, still laughing. Marinette joined in on the laughter until they were both sotting on the bed in exhaustion. Luka had been downstairs helping Marinette's parents pack her old stuff into boxes, but came upstairs just in time to see the two girls laughing their heads off.

"You girls good?" He asked, lightly chuckling himself. The girls' faces were red from laughing so much, their eyes glassy and filled with tears.

"Turns out Alya is pregnant too babe," Marinette explained. Luka just chuckled again and went back to helping her parents pack.

This was going to be a long seven months.