Chapter Eleven: Birthday Girl

As Marinette bid her best friend farewell, she stepped outside into the summer sun. The rays of light left a carpet of red across her cheeks, nose and forehead.

It was July 7th and the summer sun was as harsh as ever. However, Luka wasn't concerned about the heat. He was excited for two days from now as it would be Marinette's 19th birthday. He wanted to do something special for her. It involved a lot of people and Les Calanques de Cassis.

Marinette deserved much more than he would ever be able to give her, but he still wanted to make her happy. He would pay any price just to be able to see her smile. His plan was going perfectly and everyone was in on it, except for Marinette of course.

The entirety of the 8th was spent with Marinette once again by watching the Scream movies. The two ate popcorn and Marinette kept snuggling into Luka whenever she was scared much to Luka's enjoyment.

Finally, Marinette's birthday had arrived. Luka made sure he woke up early to get to Marinette's before she woke up. In his hands, three boxes, all of which contained presents for Marinette. As he arrived at the bakery, he was ushered to the couch to lay the gifts down. The smell of chocolate chip french toast filled the air with a satisfying aroma.

He had picked up a bouquet of flowers for her as well. A neat collection of baby's breath and light pink roses were displayed in the paper. Soon enough, the birthday girl herself finally walked down the stairs.

"Happy Birthday Sweetheart!" Said her parents in sync, handing her a small box. When she opened it, a small brooch with her signature M was revealed. She hugged both of her parents and endlessly thanked them. She clearly hadn't noticed Luka's presence yet.

As she turned around with the brooch in hand, she was startled when she saw the boy with dyed hair. He was already holding out the bouquet and the smallest box he brought. Her face was as pink as the roses as she accepted the bouquet. She passed them to her mother, who put them in a clear vase.

"Happy Birthday Marinette. I hope you like what I got you," Luka explained, handing her the first box. She untied the ribbon and lifted the lid off. On a cushion in the box laid a bracelet with a small silver plate engraved with her name. On the back was written 'You're my melody' in neat cursive writing.

Her eyes gleamed as she saw the piece of jewellery in front of her. She instantly clasped it around her wrist and embraced Luka.

"I love it, thank you so much," She exclaimed. Luka just shook his head.

"No need to thank me yet, theres more," He stated, leading her to the couch. There, sat two bigger boxes, one almost the same size as her and the other spanning across the entire lounge, nearly falling off. She reached for the one that was her size first, trying not to rip the beautiful wrapping paper.

Inside was a life-size, ball jointed mannequin, perfect for posing outfits and measuring materials. In the second box, an array of brand new sewing equipment released by Gabriel Agreste Brand just a day prior. Thread picks, needles, thimbles, pins, a sewing machine, even golden inlay thread that would cost a fortune on its own all lay in the huge box.

Luka once again found himself being squeezed by the short girl in front of him. His heart rejoiced as her toned arms wrapped around his figure. She said countless 'thank you's and put the kit straight up into her room.

Luka followed her, seeing how she placed the box neatly in the corner and the mannequin by her desk. She was enthused over her presents and soon found herself thinking of new designs.

"Hey, when you get dressed, could you go to the bathroom? There's something I need to do real quick," Luka asked, making sure he didn't seem like a creep. Marinette nodded and grabbed a pink sundress and some black flip flops.

As she retreated to the bathroom, Luka grabbed her bag and started packing. A towel, sunscreen, a hat and her bikini swimsuit that he adored were all placed gently inside the bag. He raced it down to the van outside, which carried Alya and Nino along with their things. He ran back up and lead Marinette downstairs. Luka helped her, then himself into the van and the four took off.

After eight strenuous hours, the four finally arrived as Les Calanques de Cassis. Luka covered Marinette's eyes as they stepped out of the car and onto the sand. She felt the transition from concrete to beach as her flip flops collected the sand beneath her feet. The practically blindfolded girl was lead for about 300 metres before her eyes were uncovered.

"Surprise!" A group of voices called. Surely enough, in front of her stood a large group of her friends. Alix, Mylene, Ivan, Rose, Juleka, Nathaniel, Marc, Kim, Max, Chloe who had become a lot nicer over the years and earned her miraculous back, Sabrina and even Adrien were all there for her birthday. Behind them, a large pile of presents and a table full of food, drinks, and a lot of booze.

This was going to be one hell of a party.