Chapter Fourteen: Honestly

The only response he got from the knock was a faint 'come in'. He slowly entered the girl's room and wrapped his arms around her. As soon as his arms were around her, she completely broke down. It was nearly a mirrored image of her breakdown when she was 15. It was strange to think that it was now four years ago since it happened.

Her tears stained his shirt and her own cheeks as she sobbed. She gripped his shirt in her hands and wailed into his chest, causing Luka's eyes to tear up as well. The way her wails filled the room and reverberated off of the walls made his head hurt. He felt a mix of guilt and sadness swell in his stomach as the girl continued to cry in his arms.

"Marinette I am so so sorry about earlier, I was angry and upset, I missed you and all I wanted was to be near you again," Luka rambled, placing his hands on either side of her face. He pressed his forehead against hers and let warm tears trickle down his cheeks. The two just stayed there crying for another ten minutes before the waterworks stopped.

They pulled away from each other and smiled warmly, wiping the tears from their faces. They hugged until they both felt alright to talk about the situation at hand. Luka went to speak but Marinette had already beaten him to it.

"I'm sorry about pushing you away, I was scared you'd think I was ready for a relationship. Don't get me wrong, you're incredible but I'm just not ready to commit to that yet," Marinette explained, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Luka nodded before making a suggestion to her.

"I have an idea. Can you meet me at the Eiffel Tower tomorrow at 10?" Luka asked. Marinette was confused, but nodded in agreement nonetheless. Her expression showed genuine happiness for the first time in days. A smile creeped it's way onto Luka's face.

As Marinette showed Luka her newest designs, he couldn't help but fall more in love with how she got so excited over something she was so passionate about. His face grew warm as she spoke.

The two laughed and made jokes all afternoon until it was time for Luka to go home. Marinette didn't want him to leave, but knew he had to. She then came up with a master plan.

"Luka, since I'm seeing you tomorrow anyways, would you like to stay the night if I come with you to get your things?" Marinette asked. Luka's face lit up with excitement and he nodded ecstatically.

"Stay here, I can get my stuff. I'll be back with my stuff and the bike okay?" Luka replied. Marinette smiled as if to say 'okay' and let him leave. Once Luka left, she spun around happily, landing on her chaise and sighing contently.

This was making her happy, being with Luka. She could feel herself reach for her chest and place a tender hand over her heart. What was he doing to her? This was entirely different to her experience with Adrien.

She heard the rumble of the motorbike's engine and shortly after, Luka entered her room once again. It was already quite late and the two were tired after the day's events. Marinette went to shower whilst Luka got changed and soon enough, the two dark haired adults were back with each other in their pyjamas.

Marinette climbed up to her bed and sat down comfortably. She looked over the side to see Luka grabbing a blanket and laying it over the chaise. After last night's nightmare she didn't want to sleep alone.

"Um, Luka?" Marinette called. Luka just hummed as he looked up at her. She was avoiding eye contact and her face flushed red.

"Can you sleep up here with me? I had a bad dream last night and I don't want to be alone," Marinette stuttered, stumbling upon her words. Luka was astonished at the question she had just asked him.

Being the kind-hearted person he is and totally not because he was swooning over her, Luka accepted and climbed up the ladder to where she sat. The moonlight reflected off of his teal highlights nicely and gave them a bluer tone.

The two laid down and Luka wrapped his arms around Marinette to cuddle her. Being this close with her in a bed felt like heaven on earth to him. The scent of strawberries and vanilla filled his nostrils as the petite girl snuggled into him. He felt completely at peace and Marinette felt safer than she ever had before.

This was complete and utter bliss.