Chapter 3 : Sneaking out

Hermione pov.

It was around midnight. Curfew was at 11 pm so Draco's friends would be in the Slytherin common room by now and Draco would be in his room. I walk out of my room, seeing nobody. 'So far, so good' I thought. I wish. I heard laughing and more than 1 voice. His friends were with him, in his room. I decided to put a glamour charm on my bed so it looked like I was sleeping.

I walked through the common room on my tiptoes. Nobody could hear me. Not that they would care, but me, sneaking out after curfew. They would definitely be suspicious.

I managed to sneak out without anyone noticing. But how would I get back in? I knew the password that wasn't a problem but what if he and his friends were in the common room? That would be a sorrow for later.

I walked towards the Room of Requirement. I thought about where I wanted to be. Not to relax. I walked inside. There I saw her, she was peacefully sleeping in her little bed. She looked like a 4 year old, but she was only 1.

Besides her bed was a couch. I transfigured it into another bed, but bigger. The little girl opened her eyes, not completely just a bit. She looked just like me. A few years younger, seventeen to be precise. Melody was perfect as she was.

"It's alright Mel, I'm right here." The little girl gave me a small smile before falling back to sleep. I went to sleep on the couch, or now bed after I set an alarm at 6 am. Draco wouldn't be awake then since he was still having fun with his friends and it was already half past midnight. And it was Saturday tomorrow.

I fell asleep when my head hitted the pillow.

- THE NEXT MORNING AT 6 AM -

I opened my eyes to see a bright smiling Melody. She could already walk, otherwise she wouldn't get to me. I smile back at the little girl picking her up. She starts giggling and laughing. She was so little but meant so much to me. She was one of the things that got me going. But sometimes in the morning she was exhausting. She was such a morning person.

I decided to go back before Draco would know I sneaked out yesterday night or was awake. Maybe I could get some more sleep before he woke up. I walked to the common room without getting catched by anyone. I walked silently into the common room to see all of Draco's friends on the couch, sleeping. All except Draco.

I walked silently to my room, thinking Draco was in his own room sleeping. I got to my room without waking anyone up. But when I walked into my room. I was stunned by what I saw. The glamour charm made it look like I was there, a hologram. Draco looked up from the side of my bed.

I was caught by the only person I didn't want to find out I sneaked out at night. 'Sh*t, find an excuse fast...'

"Where were you and why is there an hologram in your bed since yesterday?" He asks worried. "I had to go out for a minute, to catch some fresh air. I had a nightmare and I didn't want you to worry" I answered him. 'Great excuse, 'Mione' I tought.

"That nightmare, about war I guess? I have them too, you know, you want to talk about it?" 'It's only going to make it difficult if I give him details about it.' "Yes it was about war, but I don't want to talk about it." I answer him

It wasn't a complete lie. Melody was here at Hogwarts due to war. She wasn't a nightmare, absolutely not, it just wasn't in the plan to keep an eye on a 1 year old during her last year.

I was getting out of my train of thoughts when I heard Draco ask "Who is Melody?" "Are you getting inside my mind? Get the hell out! Go to your friends but leave me alone!" I yell at him, not caring about his friends in our common room. Within a second I throw him out of my mind. Something I learned during war.

I push him out the door and lock it with every single lock charm I know and put a charm up so I can hear everything they're saying.

"You alright mate?" I hear a male voice say. "Yeah, probably shouldn't have done that..."

"What did you do?" I hear 2 female voices ask him. 'Pansy and Astoria' I could imagine the look they gave him and the look he gave them.

"Why don't you just ask her things instead of looking into her mind? Come on, Draco, she just forgave you and you're already looking into her mind? I'm going to check on her and Blaise you're not stopping me." I think it was Pansy.

Not a minute later, there was someone knocking on my door. "Hermione, it's Pansy can I come in?" After a sigh and a minute of thinking I let them both in. Astoria was with her. After them I closed the door and locked it again.

"We're sorry. Draco's a jerk. He doesn't know how to make proper friends, he's still a bit in shock of war and you have forgiven him for war and all the other stuff" Pansy pauses as Astoria takes over. "He's happy you have forgiven him, but there's more behind it if you ask me, I probably shouldn't say it, but I'm still going to say it anyway. He is very worried about you; he even asked us for help yesterday." My jaw almost dropped.

"Anyways want to do something fun, to cheer you up?" Pansy interrupts again. "Yeah that would be great" I answer shyly.

- TIME SKIP TO THE END OF OCTOBER, AFTER HOGSMEAD TRIP -

"It was fun hanging out with you Pans, Tory" I say to them. "The pleasure was ours" Astoria answers. "Are we going to your common room?"

"You can already go, I'll be there in 30 minutes or so. I still need to do something. Draco will let you in." I answer her.

"Okay, see you in 30 minutes or so !" Pansy smiles at me

----------------------------------------

Word count : 1059