Chapter 11: The Snake and The Hound

Arlo and Copperhead leaped at each other as the former Faunus prisoners watched with held breath. Arlo made the first move, and thrusted his glaive towards Copperhead's heart. But his eye widened in shock when Copperhead's chest suddenly bent to the left. The Serpent leader's body had warped itself to avoid the blade, temporarily leaving Copperhead's upper body bent in a U shape, before quickly snapping back to normal.

Copperhead maniacally grinned as he kicked Arlo down to the ground, causing him to face plant into the rough concrete. Arlo had to quickly roll to the side, as Copperhead yelled as he dropped his knee into the spot where Arlo's head had been. A sickening crack caused the children to scream in horror. As Copperhead stood up, his leg was bent backwards from the impact.

Copperhead: "Oh, no! I'm wounded! Whatever shall I do...? Oh wait, I know!"

As if it was nothing, he slapped the back of his leg which snapped it back into place with no signs of it being broken mere seconds ago. He cackled at Arlo's disturbed expression.

Copperhead: "Oh I know, you're jealous! Bet you wish you had accelerated healing."

Arlo gritted his teeth in annoyance as he quickly shrunk his glaive to its grapple mode, firing the blade straight at Copperhead. He laughed as the blade flew past his head, turning to watch the blade sink into a metal container behind him.

Copperhead: "Oh! Oh! It's like the movies! Which means you'll-"

Copperhead bent his torso backwards just as Arlo was about to knee him in the chin, as Arlo flew by before planting his feet into the side of the container. He remained on the side of the container, looking back at Copperhead with an annoyed glare.

Copperhead gave a big grin, hopping back and forth on his hands and feet as he crab-walked. Arlo felt suddenly ill when Copperhead's torso contorted again. His upper body twisted around so it was right side up, while his lower half remained backwards.

Alastair: "Girls, get the children out of here! Now!"

Copperhead's eyes widened in surprise at Alastair speaking. Lifting himself to a handstand position, his lower body snapped back into the correct position before he let himself fall forward to land on his feet.

Lola held onto two of the children, hesitating about leaving Arlo alone. But when Copperhead turned his deranged stare towards them, Lola, Lilly and Beatrice led the children in the opposite direction of the fight, vanishing in the darkness of the shipping containers.

Copperhead: "Hey! Come back here! You're my property! Damn animals..."

Copperhead suddenly chocked as Arlo's grapple wrapped around his neck, before getting pulled off his feet and dragged backwards. As he fought against the tight wire, Arlo leapt into the air. Copperhead managed to gasp before Arlo landed his knee on Copperhead's face, multiple audible cracking sounds emanated from his face as Copperhead hollered in pain.

Arlo grunted when Copperhead brought his legs backwards, kicking Arlo off of him. Freeing himself from the wire, Copperhead jumped to his feet with fire burning in his eyes. Arlo's attack had broken his nose in an odd angle, causing it to pour blood down his face.

Copperhead: "You little brat. I'll disembowel you for that!"

He grabbed his nose and cracked it back into place, before pausing to look at his own blood on his hand. His tongue snaked out from between his lips, and gave his hand a slow lick. Copperhead closed his eyes for a moment before snarling in rage.

Copperhead: "By the way, have I mentioned how much I really hate children?"

Arlo reactivated his glaive, just as Copperhead let loose a chill-inducing cackle, as he raced towards Arlo. Copperhead jumped through the air, stretching out his arms to pounce on Arlo, but Alastair suddenly intercepted the crazed maniac. Teeth sunk into flesh as Copperhead screamed in pain, as Alastair dragged him away from Arlo by his arm.