Ch.3-Potions

Chapter 3: Potions

"Welcome Ms.Canter, we are very sorry about the delay in your letter, we hope that you will be able to  catch up and forgive us about the misconception." Ms.Mcgonagall said as we were entering the great hall. She said that I had to be sorted and that it would happen in front of the Great Hall. I wasn't very afraid of this as I had a way with people and I loved an audience.

"Lillianna Canter" Dumbledore called, I stood up and went to the top of the 'stage' where I would be getting sorted. As the hat sat on my head, it started talking, "Ouu something different this year I guess, Hmmmm where to put you, where to put you..Ravenclaw would be a good choice with your smart thinking and determination, Hufflepuff would also be a very nice fit as you are loyal, and have patience, Gryffindor would also fit you as you have very much of bravery, Slytherin would be the best of all though as you seem ambitious, cunning, and your fathers blood comes from here...Guess the final decision is clear....SLYTHERIN'' it yelled out, as I glanced over to the table that was clapping, I saw Draco Malfoy. He shockingly smiled at me but then turned away when he saw a pug-faced girl looking at him. As I walked over to the Slytherin table, I was still trying to process the last sentence that had said "Slytherin would be the best of all though as you seem ambitious, cunning, and your fathers blood comes from here". What shocked me most was that my father came to Hogwarts? I was notified that I was the only one from my family that knew magic.

My thoughts were interrupted when a girl that looked my age, sat beside me introducing herself "Hey my name is Astoria, I saw you get sorted and I was wondering if you wanted to be friends?" "Yes of course thank you" "No problem". I finally had made my first friend at Hogwarts.

"Lilli, want me to show you to our dorm?" "Our?" "Yeah it turns out that we get the same dorm". Wow, I just made friends with a girl and she was also my roommate, "Yes of course" was my reply as I realized I had zoned back into my thoughts, I had been doing that a lot lately.

Once I reached the dorm, I realized everyone was in their Slytherin robes so I stood out as I was walking through the room. I could feel a pair of eyes looking at me, and when I turned around, it was none other than Draco Malfoy. He looked back at the dark-boy and the 2 goon he was walking to when he saw me look at him. I went up to my dorm with Astoria and I found my dorm and trunk with a letter on top stating that I won't be having my Slytherin robes till 4 weeks of school as there was some mistake. I was quite glad of this letter, because I personally am not someone who likes uniforms. I prefer to express myself with my outfits. I also found another sheet with the classes I had. I decided I would compare my classes with Astoria once I took a shower. Once I had finished my shower, I put on a slight bit of makeup and chose a Green Crop top with thin sleeves, a Black net top on top of the green crop top, and some thing black pants. I chose some Black High boots with laces and let my hair hang down but with a side part. As I came out of my dorm and went to meet Astoria at the Slytherin doors, I could feel tons of eyes on me when I went down the staircase. Almost all of the boys had their eyes on me. It felt good to be confident. As I walked by I saw Draco Malfoy, with a smirk, and a tiny hint of glow in his eyes. Seems like he was enjoying the view.

As I saw Astoria, she started screaming, "Aaaah all the boys are staring at you, god if only I had that confidence" she started gawking on how I should feel happy about my body type. When I compared our classes together it turned out that I had every class except Astronomy with her, which wasn't as bad. We both had potions first so we headed down to be greeted by Professor Snape.

"I will be assigning you seats for the rest of the year so no misbehaving will happen, Now.." I zoned out as Professor Snape called names and assigned desks. I waited until I heard Snape say "Canter and Malfoy" and pointed towards the desks on the right to the back. Wow, out of all the people, he had to choose me with Malfoy. Life couldn't get any better. "Well I guess you're stuck with me for the year Canter'' Malfoy said as I dragged out my potions textbook I got. It's gonna be a very long year.

***************************************************************************************

Hey Guys, I have been in the mood to write today so here is a treat, 3 chapters in one day, I am actually being productive which is very shocking. Anyways hope you guys are enjoying the story for now. There will be a few drama in the next few chapter so stay tuned. -A