Chapter 5 - A little misunderstanding

Madelyn's POV
_____________

I was walking home from work. I saw people running. "What now?" I asked annoyed. I heard a 'sssss' and a 'boom.' I quickly turned in the direction. The hunting grounds were filled with creepers. "I guess they're harder than I thought." I said to myself.

"No kidding." Said a male voice. I looked in the direction and screamed. I whipped out my sword. "Who are you?" I demanded. "Where are you? Show yourself." He answered. "Easy." He said. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"Then prove it." I demanded. "Show yourself or I will use my fucking sword to do Notch knows what." "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He said, chuckling. "You never trust people who are part hostile mob."

"What the hell?" I screamed. "What the hell are you then?" "Well," he said, "have you heard of a creeper hybrid?" My eyes widened as he said 'creeper.' I began to walk away. "I wouldn't." He said as I felt him grab my torso. "A wolf wouldn't run away like that."

I struggled to break free from his grip, but he was too strong for me. "Let me go!" I demanded. "You piece if shit." "Why would I?" He asked. "You haven't even showed your face yet." "Neither have you." I said.

"Then that's a problem." I said. "Do you even think so?" He asked. He laughed. "Who's with you?" I demanded. He held his grip and pulled me back behind the trees. "Stay down." He said. "I'm trying to help you." I looked through the leaves and I found a line of creepers walking towards the soccer field.

I got back down and covered my face. I saw a hooded character come towards me. "Now." He said. "Please show yourself." I kept my face covered. "I don't wanna die." I screamed. "Leave me alone."

"I just did you a favor." He said. "Don't be scared." I looked as he took off his hood. Under that was blonde hair, olive skin, and his face was half creeper.

Jason's POV
___________

"Now, show your face." I said. She uncovered her face and looked up at me. I stared in awe. She had tan skin, auburn streaked hair; with one streak of blonde, brown eyes, and wolf ears.

"Nice to meet you." I said shyly. "My name is Jason." She stood up. "So, you introduce yourself after you grab me like a crazy person?" She sassed. "Not cool. As if I'd like to be abducted by an enemy." Her voice was full of sarcasm.

"So what?" I said. "You won't get the fact that I was helping you, but okay." She walked towards me as she drew her sword. "You were helping me?" She said. "Yeah." I said. "And how's Tyler doing?" Her eyes widened.

She pushed me to the ground and held her sword at my throat. "How do you know him?" She asked. I answered her. "He and I are friends." I said. "We used to catch people like you and bring them to the master. Luckily, I don't do it anymore."

"What?!" She screamed. I pushed her sword away and got up. "Believe me." I said. "I helped you and I'm on your side from now on. I know what you're up against."

She backed up. "I thought you were with him." She said. "I'm not." I said. "I assure you." "Show me what you can do." She said. "Since you're a creeper and all."

I nodded as a creeper walked towards us. "Watch this." I whispered. I walked in front of her. The creeper recognized her face and got angry. "Hey, hey." I said. "No, you will not kill her. She's a friend."

The creeper walked up to her and like a dog, wanted to play with her. "He wants you to pet him." I said. "Are you crazy?" She screamed. "I'm fucking scared." She held her hand slowly out as the creeper nudged her hand allowing her to pet him.

"See?" I said. "It's not that bad. Is it? Now he knows that you're a friend of mine. Perhaps he will protect you. Who knows?" She smiled as the creeper was acting like a guard dog. But he had to go. She and I waved as he walked away. "Now, what can you do?" I asked.

"I'll show you." She said. She took a deep breath as her eyes started to change color. It was brown, but then when she growled, it changed to yellow and back to brown.

"Wow." I said. "Are you the only part wolf person in your town?" "Yeah." She said. "It's kinda sad. In fact, it's rare to have a citizen that's part mob in this town."

"Oh, and I forgot." I said. "What's your name? You didn't tell me since you were flipping out on me." "Madelyn." She said. "And I have to go. It's getting late. Shelly, Samantha, Caitlin, and Cora are expecting me home for a girls night out. Bye!"

She put away her sword and jogged to her house.