Chapter 38 - A long story

Eileen's POV
_____________

My friends and I were still in the hiding place. We couldn't believe it. There was the wither as he changed into his human form. "There he is." Kiki said. "Stay quiet."

We could see Jessica crying and Ben badly hurt. We could make out the conversation and I was on the verge of trash talking them. I decided not to. It was crazy though. "You said that they were skilled." Herobrine said. "They are." Ben said. "Then why was Garrett the only one to kill someone?" Herobrine asked.

"They were still fighting." Ben said. "I wasn't in their group." "Neither was I." Herobrine said. "Then why didn't you kill Madelyn when you had the chance?" Ben asked. "You could have killed her when she was unarmed."

"Well, it seems like you got stabbed by her sword." Herobrine said. "It was the fucking redstone dagger." Ben yelled. "It paralyzed me for fuck sake." "Well, I could do that with a flick of my hand." Herobrine yelled.

I tried so hard not to laugh. I looked over to my right and I saw Madelyn limping. I ran over. "Did Drake do that?" I asked. "No shit." Madelyn said. "Remind me to finish Ben the next time I see him." "Yup." I said.

"We should go." Caitlin said. "They will be suspicious once they stop fighting." "Yeah. Good idea." Cora said. "Let's teleport back to our world and take care of Madelyn." We all gathered around and Kiki teleported us to Madelyn's house.

.....

Cora's POV
___________

We arrived in front of her house and the first thing I heard was a thump. Steve and I ran to Madelyn. She wasn't functioning properly. Her eyes were flashing yellow and brown. "What's going on?" Steve asked. "I don't know." I said. "But I know this is not good at all."

"Sacred diamonds." She screamed. "Fuck the sacred diamonds." She scrambled for her sword, but I took it before she had the chance. "Snap out of it." I yelled. "You're safe now." She looked at me with scorn. "You're not the boss of me." She snapped.

I then noticed that she had a bracelet on. "Where did you get this?" I asked. "Herobrine's mansion." She said. "Why?" "Take it off." I said. "Maybe that's why you're being a smart ass." "Cora." Caitlin said. "Can't you see it's slowly killing her? It has the wither effect. Take it off of her."

Madelyn then started breathing heavily. "Steve, Shelly." I said. "Pin her down while I try to take it off. This won't be easy." Steve pinned her arms down while Shelly held her legs. I saw it on her left wrist.

My first attempt, I thought was going to be easy. She kept struggling. She tried to break free. "Wait." I yelled. "Grab the dagger." It appeared in Kiki's hand. "Now let's try that again." I said.

....

Shelly's POV
____________

I watched as she tried to make another attempt while I was struggling to hold her legs down. Cora's hand glowed white. Then the bracelet began to glow white. The clasp was coming undone. "I'm almost there." Cora said. "Well, hurry up." I said.

The bracelet came undone and fell to the ground. Everything was over. The struggling was gone. Madelyn was knocked out. "Well, that was harder than I thought." Cora said as she collapsed on the ground. Jason ran to her.

Then she woke up. "What happened?" She asked. "What did I do? Why are you guys on me?" "You were in a trance, again." I said. "You have to not wear that bracelet. It's filled with ender fire. somehow, it was infused with it."

"Well, that's fucked up." Madelyn said. "Thanks." Her voice was weak. "You need to rest." I said. "The wither effect took a huge toll on you." She nodded as she began to crawl up the stairs. However, she soon collapsed. Steve and I ran to help her up.

"I got this." Steve said. Then he picked her up and carried her the rest of the way. He carried her through the door, and up the stairs to her room. "Will she be okay?" I asked. He nodded. "She just needs to rest." Steve said.

.....

Steve's POV
____________

I laid her down on the bed and sat down beside her. "She's very weak." I said. "Someone get a healing potion." Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. There was Shelly with a bottle of colored liquid. "I have it." She said. "Here you go."

I nodded as I poured it into her mouth. "Thanks." I said. "No." She said. "Thank you. I know, I can fully trust you, now that I see how you treat her. Now that I know that you guys are old friends, I'm starting to trust you. The others I never trusted. When did you guys meet?"

"We were about twelve." I said. "She was almost twelve. She was actually eleven at the time. It was before she moved. But it has been two full years ever since. We were friends quickly, but after the incident, nothing has been the same."

"What happened?" Shelly asked. She sat down on the other side of Madelyn. "It's a really long story." I said. "I don't want to talk about it. It's too painful to talk about." "Don't worry." Shelly said. "I'm not going to interrogate you or anything. It's just, she is my cousin and I want her to be safe." I nodded. "I'm glad you trust me." I said.