Chapter 21 - It's On

Herobrine's POV
_______________

I looked around for her. I spoke again. "Where is Madelyn?" I demanded. "I'm right here." Said a voice. I found her. "How is this going to be?" She asked. "Are we sticking to the lyrics?"

I laughed. "What do you think?" I asked. "I had to get some information on your music before I even decided." She yawned. "We could figure this out all day." She said. "Why not improv? And you can start. I don't need the beginning."

"Have it your way." I said. "Cue the music." "It's on." Madelyn said, growling. "Ooh. We've got competition." Someone in the audience said. "Yeah. Here we go, Madelyn." Another voice said. My eyes glowed white. "SHUT UP!" I shouted. "This is my time."

Madelyn suppressed a giggle before the music came on. The piano was taken from a cover song version. I was confused. So I decided to start after the second rift in the intro.

"🎶I've come to rise so I can watch you die. Look into my soulless eyes, for I am Herobrine. I've begun to find you once again. Just wait for me till I am ready to come for my revenge.🎶"

....

Madelyn's POV
______________

He went into the chorus. "🎶 Here I am, you must back away now. I will be the one to rule your town. Here I am, you must back away now. I will be the one to bring you down,🎶"

Right when he said 'to dust,' I cut him off with the second verse. "🎶 I've trained so hard so I can erase your role. You can hurt me all you want, but you can't kill my soul. I'm prepared with my friends by my side. I am Madelyn. I'll be the one who will survive.🎶"

Steve's mouth was open wide. I winked before I went into the chorus. "🎶Here I am just go away now. You won't be the one to take my town. Here I am just go away now. I will be the one to bring you down, to dust.🎶"

The audience roared. The instrumental was like my cover of Warriors. I knew the solo in the right hand, so I sang it. I ended up reaching the high note. I smiled as I could see a look of disgust on Herobrine's face. He went in to singing the chorus. I decided to do back up.

Here's how he and I finished the song as I did the back up.

Herobrine: "🎶Here I am you must back away now. I will be the one to rule(you won't) your town(take over my town). Here I am, you must back away now. I will be the one to bring you down (Ohhh) to dust.🎶" The final instrumental before the end I did a few vocal riffs.

The song ended and the crowd roared. I heard chants of my name and some Herobrine's name. But I heard more of my name. "Easy." The host said. "We will vote on this battle on a secret ballet. Singers cannot vote."

"That seems fair." I said, giving Herobrine the death stare. The crowd formed a line and began to vote. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but, well done, kid." I said. "Why are you so nice to me all of a sudden?" He asked. "I'm just being a good sport." I said. "I'm usually competitive when it comes to this type of music."

He looked at me with soulless eyes. "I have to admit you did good too." He said. "Good match." He held out his hand to shake. I reached out to shake it. I think that was a bad idea.