Chapter 24 - We Won that round!

Clara's POV
___________

We were all hanging out at Samantha's house. It was a little celebration. We were celebrating Madelyn's win, and we will later have a meeting tomorrow on when will be the right time to attack.

We finished the preparation. There was cake and sodas on the table. Madelyn wasn't here yet. "Where is she?" Shelly asked. "Let's surprise her." I said. "Sam and I didn't tell her about it. I just said to meet us at her house after she trains with Cora. I made her think it was just a meeting."

"Smart." Shelly said. "I would have done that though. They should be leaving the arena by now." "Are you sure this will work?" Steve asked. "Yes, I'm sure." I said. "She'll be happy."

"Well, the thing is," Steve said, "I haven't told her I liked her yet." Shelly rolled her eyes. "Okay." She said. "Garrett and Tyler I never trusted, but you, I can finally trust. I know you wouldn't hurt her."

"I have an idea." I said. "Kiss her. I dare you. You guys almost kissed whilst training." Steve laughed. "She tricked me and took my sword." He said. "She was using a training strategy. I thought she was actually going to kiss me."

"I would have laughed if it actually happened at that time." I said. "I'd be a total fangirl if you guys did right now." Shelly said. "Eileen would have," she then paused, "if she was still alive." "Who killed her?" I asked. "Annabelle." Shelly said. "I was disappointed."

....

Jason's POV
___________

I was talking with Kiki and Tanner about the battle. "That was intense." I said. "I totally agree." Tanner said. "It was really close too." "Hey, I still thought Madelyn beat him by a long shot." Kiki said. "But it was that close."

"When is she going to be here?" I asked. "Soon." Kiki said. "It's going to be a surprise for her. She thinks it's just a meeting."

I laughed. "Wow." I said. "Clever." Just then, Tanner's phone started ringing. "Ugh, it's my brother." He said. "Fuck this shit. I'm not going to answer."

....

Madelyn's POV
______________

Cora and I were headed towards Samantha's house. "So, what are we talking about this time?" I asked. "When we attack." Cora said. "What?" I said. "Fuck this shit. I'm waiting."

Cora was giggling. She was also guilty. Her hands were scuffed. "What happened while I was taking a break?" I asked. "I kind of talked to Annabelle." She said. "What did you do?" I demanded.

She sighed. "I shot her in the leg with my bow." She said. "Any problem?" "Why did you do that?" I asked. "Just curious." "It was for Eileen." She said. "I just couldn't leave her unharmed."

I face palmed. "She will retaliate." I said. "Be careful." "I don't care." She said. "I just want him to die. I want you to kill him so I can be the only child with his type of powers." I face palmed again. "Oh, Cora." I said. "You just want to kill the bitch, don't you?" She nodded and smiled slyly. I laughed.

We later arrived at Samantha's house. It looked that the lights were off. "What's going on?" I asked. "I don't know." Cora said. "Let's check it out."

We walked in. It smelled like food. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around my shoulders. "Guess who." Said a male voice.

....

Steve's POV
__________

My arms were around her. "Hi, Steve." Madelyn said, smiling. She turned around and hugged me. Sam, Clara, Emma, Caitlyn, Kiki, and Cora were all giggling. "What?" Madelyn asked. "Sorry." Cora said. "I'm not used to awkward love moments."

"Kiss her." Sam lip synced. I nodded. "Not at this moment." I lip synced back. "Watch." Then I talked. "Congrats, girl." I said. "Thanks." Madelyn said. Sam's expression was like 'do it already.'

I continued. "We did this just for you." I said. "And I kind of have a little gift." "What is it?" She asked out of curiosity. "This." I said. I waited for her to lift her head. When she did, I went in close and my lips touched hers.

At first her eyes were wide open, but thankfully, they slowly closed. The other girls screamed. Jason and Tanner were applauding. Madelyn was looking into my eyes. "Did you guys plan all this?" Madelyn asked.

"Yeah." I said. "I started it." "You guys are the best." Madelyn said. "Well you helped us win this round." Samantha said. "We owe it all to you."