===< 46 >===

Soldier's Perspective

                I couldn't believe it. I was blind and voiceless. And I couldn't speak normally until a few days from today. I sat there in silence. It was very boring. Suddenly a loud smack was placed on my shoulder plating. "So!! You must be Soldier. Nice to meet you." Came an unknown voice. "Who are you?" I ask. I tap my feet to feel their foot preasure against the floor. They were about the same size as Wheeljack. "Smokescreen. And It's hard to believe that you're our leader's son. That's incredible!!!" I roll my eyes "It's not that big of a deal." I sign. "What are you doing with your hands?" He asks. Ratchet's voice calls "It's sign language."

                   "He's trying to tell you that it's not that big of a deal, Smokescreen." The large human's voice calls. I remembered him, but I couldn't place the name. I sign once again "Who are you?" The human responds "I'm Jack. The girl is Miko and the higher voice is Raf. He's the smallest." I nod and turn back away, staring at nothing.

                       "Bulkhead, do  you mind showing Soldier around the base. Letting him feel his way around?" Ratchet's voice sounds. Bulkhead argues "Can't Wheeljack do it? The 2 are close!!" "Soldier doesn't think so. Besides. He wants a break from him." Ratchet argues back. I bring out my katana and tap the ground to get their attention. "Eyes are on you, Soldier." Ratchet lets me know. I pull out my other blade and cross them, making an action like Wheeljack. I think I remember him doing it once.

                              I put one of my blades away and soon enough, I feel a servo placed on my shoulder. I grab it and it pulls me up. "Careful, Soldier." Wheeljack's voice comes. I nod and grab his arm for stability and more coordination. Using my other servo, I tap my blade every 4 seconds, feeling the vibrations and pressure beneath my feet, while swinging the blade from left to right, slowly, but keeping it close infront of my feet and away from areas beside my path so I don't hit anything that isn't in my path. Wheeljack walked around with me, telling me where everything was. I eventually memorized the area and had it all in my head. Wheeljack walked me back to the area I was at and set me down.  He walked off in silence from what I felt in the vibrations of the floor. I had to focus on them more, since I couldn't see anything.

Life was gonna be hard until my optics got better.