Not caring anymore

"Taliah Demetrius Tatum;will you marry me?"

***

"Yes,baby." Khalil smiled,getting up. He put the ring on her finger,kissing her. Everyone was cheering and clapping. The music started playing again. Taliah's dad walked up to her,as she was dancing with Khalil. "May I speak to you in private,sweetheart?"

"Sure,daddy. Khalil,baby give me a minute." Khalil nodded,as Taliah and her dad went into another room.

"Taliah,I usually don't do this but uhh--- damnit I got say it-- you can't marry that boy." Taliah widened her eyes.

"Well,why?!" Taliah raised her voice.

"I don't want you marrying this man,knowing that he put his hands on you. Besides;ain't you already married to that one nigga?"

"Daddy,his name is Dominic and I don't think we are staying married. I know what Khalil did to me,it was unfair. He was young and insecure,we all were dad. It ain't like you ain't had a good time in your twenties."

"Taliah,when I was in my twenties,I was out on the streets. Doing and selling drugs. That wasn't a fun life to live."

"Then what makes you think your story is so different from his?"

"Even though I did all that selling drugs shit,I knew better than to put my hands on a female. I've never put my hands your mama." She rolled her eyes.

"Daddy,he's changed. He is really tryna see past all these childish,and painful memories. I love him,because of the man he has become,not the boy he was years ago." He didn't say anything.

"Are you saying that I can't marry him because of his past relationship with me,or the fact that I'm already married?"

"Both;more of one than the other."

"Which one?"

"His past relationship with you." Taliah sighed.

"Daddy,at this point,I really don't care what you think about him. I still love him,and I'm gonna marry him. You don't like it,oh well. I ain't tryna make you feel better,this is about me." There was a silence.

"Fine." Said her dad.

"Fine what?"

"Fine,I'll deal with him;but if I hear that some shit went wrong in y'all household,I'm putting my foot up his light skinned a---"

"Okay,dad." Taliah smiled. They then hugged,then went back to the party.

***

"Baby," said Khalil

"Yes?" Said Taliah

"Are you gonna tell Dominic?" Asked Khalil

"Yes I am. As a matter of fact,I'll talk to him today."said Taliah. She got up out of the bed,and went to the bathroom. A few seconds later,the shower was running. Taliah's phone was ringing,so Khalil picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Where's Taliah?"

"She in the shower,what you want?"

"I need to talk to her;it's important.

"Okay, I'll let her know. Bye." He then hung up the phone.

***

Taliah-

I came out the shower to Khalil telling me that Dominic called saying he wanted to talk. I hurried to put my clothes on. My baby Cameron wanted to come with me,but he'd have to wait until I came back. He looks so cute when he's sad. He scrunched his face up,quivering his bottom lip. I want to love him so much! Anyway,I drove off to Dominic's house. I knocked on the door,and some female opened it.

"Can I help you?" Said the girl. Am I at the right house?!

"Uh,good afternoon ma'am. I don't know if this is the correct ho---"

"Is your name Taliah?" She cut me off. How does she know my name?

"Yes I am." She rolled her eyes,sighing. I don't know what the hell her problem is,but she need to tighten up.

"Come in." I walked in.

"Make yourself comfortable,I guess. Want anything to drink,honey?" I shook my head. She then walked upstairs. A few seconds later,Dominic and her came down. They then sat down;or maybe he sat down,and she sat on his lap. What the hell is going on here?

"What is this?" I asked. Dominic sighed.

"I'm sorry,okay? I tried working us out,but you over there fuckin some other nigga,and got pregnant by him. That ain't cool."

"It's okay. I already knew you were cheating. Even when you were fuckin Carmen."

"Taliah,I only fucked her one time,and it was a mistake." I sighed. I don't even know why I wasn't mad.

"It's fine. I came over to say," I paused. "I'm divorcing you." Dominic's eyes widened. I looked over and saw that girl smirking. Dominic tried to be at ease.

"Why?" He asked.

"Khalil asked me to marry him,and I said yes."

"Ain't this some shit." Mumbled Dominic. I heard that,and I rolled my eyes.

"You'll be hearing from my lawyer sometimes this week." I got up and left. For some reason,I don't feel I made the wrong decision.

That's it. There was more. . . .but I didn't write it. . . .sorry. thanks for reading