TWO

"sir?"

y/n noticed a gloved hand raise up. she walked over to take their order.

"sir, what would you like?"

as a proper waiter, y/n automatically started making up her staff recommendation list. this boy seemed to be taking his time looking at the menu.

"sir?"

he seemed to be deep in thought. y/n decided to give him a minute. she stood there, staring at the tablecloth, waiting for the order to be made. she still had some orders to finish, and she couldn't wait for him to make his order.

"sir! i'll come back after you have decided."

y/n was obviously annoyed with this guy wasting her time. he could've just asked for a recommendation, since he looked like a foreigner.

after finishing a few orders, y/n spotted the same gloved hand raised up again.

"sir, what would you like to order?"

he didn't say anything. he didn't have to. he looked up to y/n, eyes full of confusion and his brow furrowed. his mouth made a little pout, and he looked like he didn't understand the menu at all. y/n had to admit he looked terribly pitiful at that moment.

"ah.. sir, would you like staff recommendations?"

y/n sighed, as her and the boy's eyes met. his eyes were a serene shade of blue, the colour of blue sapphire. orbs clear as sky, y/n could make out her reflection in those eyes. he blinked innocently, his eyelashes soft and feminine, compared to his masculine face features.

"-please."

y/n snapped out of staring at this boy's face. she quickly made up and resumed her position as a waiter.

"yes. right. i personally recommend shrimp dumplings and beef meatballs. however, if you are very hungry, i recommend getting the egg fried rice."

"one of each, thanks."

"sure."

after collecting the menu and informing the chefs of the order, y/n gave herself a prep talk.

"c'mon y/n, you got this. just because that boy is cute doesn't mean you can slack off! go, waiter y/n, go!"

y/n turned to glance at the boy one last time. he was looking out of the window. y/n couldn't help to stare. his hair was a darkish shade of orange, with a tint of beige. it was curly, but not too curly. it was.. fluffy. y/n wanted to pat his head so badly. on the left side of his head was a red mask, but y/n couldn't make out the shape of it. the sunshine was reflecting off the mask.

"hey, y/n! the dishes of table 34 is ready!"

she heard one of the chefs calling her. how long did she zone out for?

dishes in her hand, she once made her way to the orange-haired boy.

"h-here are your dishes. enjoy."

after placing down the dishes, y/n immediately went back to dealing with other orders. the boy looked at her silhouette blend into the crowded restaurant. he was originally going to ask her for a fork and a spoon.

staring at his chopsticks, he didn't know what to do. he can't use chopsticks properly. he doesn't even know how to hold them.